Grandson, daughter, and my wife.

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I'm no pro, but love to take portraits. My skills are rudimentary when it comes to post processing (so no retouching of skin) and not the best at setting things up. I have a very nice Sekonic light meter, but have never used it so my flash shots are guesses on the settings. All shot with the Canon 5D Mark III, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, and Flashpoint Streaklight 360ws (3 are no flash). I no longer have any Canon speedlites. With all that in mind, please be gentle ;) The wife is the 55 year old short woman.

Attachments

• Water world 1 web.jpg
    Water world 1 web.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 208
  • Trio 1 web.jpg
    Trio 1 web.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
  • Tarzan 1 web.jpg
    Tarzan 1 web.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 211
  • Star 3 web.jpg
    Star 3 web.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Dictator 1 web.jpg
    Dictator 1 web.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Star 1 web.jpg
    Star 1 web.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Red Dragon 1 web.jpg
    Red Dragon 1 web.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 196
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
CanonFanBoy said:
I'm no pro, but love to take portraits. My skills are rudimentary when it comes to post processing (so no retouching of skin) and not the best at setting things up. I have a very nice Sekonic light meter, but have never used it so my flash shots are guesses on the settings. All shot with the Canon 5D Mark III, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, and Flashpoint Streaklight 360ws. I no longer have any Canon speedlites. With all that in mind, please be gentle ;) :

Very nice family photos! Keep it up! You're doing well. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi CanonFanBoy.
I think what you really meant was “I have used my experience to estimate the flash settings!”
I think the shots are great and I would be happy to get shots of this quality, very nice all round including the lighting.

Cheers, Graham.

CanonFanBoy said:
I'm no pro, but love to take portraits. My skills are rudimentary when it comes to post processing (so no retouching of skin) and not the best at setting things up. I have a very nice Sekonic light meter, but have never used it so my flash shots are guesses on the settings. All shot with the Canon 5D Mark III, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, and Flashpoint Streaklight 360ws. I no longer have any Canon speedlites. With all that in mind, please be gentle ;) :

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
The picture of the three of them is my favourite. I would probably have moved in a bit more for a slightly tighter framing, but that's a matter of personal preference.

The light in the one named Tarzan is really good but the angle in relation to the background light seems our of place. Maybe I'm just too used to cross-country light?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
hne said:
The picture of the three of them is my favourite. I would probably have moved in a bit more for a slightly tighter framing, but that's a matter of personal preference.

The light in the one named Tarzan is really good but the angle in relation to the background light seems our of place. Maybe I'm just too used to cross-country light?

I'm more sick that I cut his feet off in the uncropped version. ;)

Upvote 0