GREAT AND CHEAP BATTERIES FOR EOS-M

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
fotorex said:
surapon said:
Dear Friend fotorex.
Give me 2-3 more days, And I report back to you, Yes, I want to see how the discharged Battery react to the Battery Icon at the LCD.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

Hello surapron,

did you meanwhile gathered more experiences with these batteries?

Regards
Frank

Yes, Dear friend fotorex.
Past two weeks, I shoot EOS-M with cheap and Great Chinese made Batteries, more than 1500 Photos---Every thing in front of me---Just Shoot and Shoot.
I report that :
Canon LP-E12 7.2 V 875 mAh. ( I have 2 of Them ) = $ 45 US Dollars/ Each = 150 to 180 Photos per Full Charged @ 2 Hours.
Wasabi 7.2 V, 1100 mAh ( I have 2 of Them) = $ 12 US Dollars/ Each = 250-275 Photos per Full Charge @ 2 Hours.
Halcyon 7.2V, 2200 mAh ( I have 4 of them) = $ 9.50 US Dollars/ Each = 350 t0 425 Photos per Charge @ 2 Hours ( Sorry Past 3-5 days = Super Cold in my Home town = Below freezing Point)

BIG BUT----Both Wasabi batteries and Halcyon Batteries are not show the Power ( Green Color Symbol---Just White and Black Icon) on the Battery Icon in the Camera LCD---When Out of Power, Just shut off the Camera's Power----Yes, That is the Inconvenience, But , Not my Problem, Because I alway check, How many Photos that I shoot from the Starting Point, and have 3-4 spare batteries ready to roll.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

Upvote 0
F

fotorex

Thank you dear Surapon,

it really does not seem to be a problem that the real power consumption is not displayed correctly on the LCD when one
1. has enough spare batteries with him/her
2. is able to take up to 2.5 times more photos with one charge cycle than with the OEM batterie and keep the starpoint of picture count in mind when attached the batterie.

And at that price ($9.50 each batterie) you can easily buy 4 of them for the price of one OEM batterie.

Regards
Frank

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
fotorex said:
Thank you dear Surapon,

it really does not seem to be a problem that the real power consumption is not displayed correctly on the LCD when one
2. is able to take up to 2.5 times more photos with one charge cycle than with the OEM batterie and keep the starpoint of picture count in mind when attached the batterie.

And at that price ($9.50 each batterie) you can easily buy 4 of them for the price of one OEM batterie.

Regards
Frank

Dear Frank.
I just remember that., One of our friend , CR member told me on another post that = The Product from China always try to cut the cost down for sell to us super cheap, and For the Batteries, They not install the Computer chip in the battery, That why, the Battery will not report the power status to the camera= Just Dumb Battery, But working Hard Batteries-----Ha, Ha, Ha---Working hard with out Brain.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

Upvote 0
F

flowers

surapon said:
Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? I never understood that! Haha
Thai beaty ideal is so Western!

Thank you for posting about the third-party batteries, do you know if they are also made for canon 5dii, 5diii or 7d? Halcyon is an American company, but it has a different logo, they make computers. I can't find a Chinese company called Halcyon (sounds more Korean!) and there is no Chinese text in the pictures you posted. Where can I find these batteries? On Amazon? Oh, I checked Amazon, they also have batteries for 5d ii and 5d and 7d! Great!

www.amazon.com/Halcyon-Lithium-Replacement-Battery-Charger/dp/B00GS93FEK/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264874&keywords=halcyon+5d
http://www.amazon.com/Macro-Close-Halcyon-Batteries-Bundle/dp/B00ENHL2X0/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264892&keywords=halcyon+7d

Has anyone tested these for the 5-series or 7d? Do they work well? Are they safe? Are they reliable?

I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba... There are better websites to buy from China but you have to read Chinese or use a translator!

Upvote 0
F

flowers

surapon said:
fotorex said:
Thank you dear Surapon,

Regards
Frank

Dear Frank.
I just remember that., One of our friend , CR member told me on another post that = The Product from China always try to cut the cost down for sell to us super cheap, and For the Batteries, They not install the Computer chip in the battery, That why, the Battery will not report the power status to the camera= Just Dumb Battery, But working Hard Batteries-----Ha, Ha, Ha---Working hard with out Brain.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

Ha ha, you're funny!

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
flowers said:
surapon said:
Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? I never understood that! Haha

Thank you for posting about the third-party batteries, do you know if they are also made for canon 5dii, 5diii or 7d? Halcyon is an American company, but it has a different logo, they make computers. I can't find a Chinese company called Halcyon (sounds more Korean!) and there is no Chinese text in the pictures you posted. Where can I find these batteries? On Amazon? Oh, I checked Amazon, they also have batteries for 5d ii and 5d and 7d! Great!

www.amazon.com/Halcyon-Lithium-Replacement-Battery-Charger/dp/B00GS93FEK/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264874&keywords=halcyon+5d
http://www.amazon.com/Macro-Close-Halcyon-Batteries-Bundle/dp/B00ENHL2X0/?ie=UTF8&qid=1391264892&keywords=halcyon+7d

Has anyone tested these for the 5-series or 7d? Do they work well? Are they safe? Are they reliable?

I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba... There are better websites to buy from China but you have to read Chinese or use a translator!

Wow, Sa Wass Dee Krub, Dear Khun Flowers----So nice to hear " Khun/ Mr. " word again----Yes, In Thailand " Khun = Mr. in High level of Autority"----And " Sa Wass Dee Krub = Have a Good day".,
Thanks for the new information = Halcyon company is American Company--Yes, Big Company for the specialty Computers.---Yes, I forget about that.

Well, Yes, " Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? "---Most of Thai Girls see the American/ European Movies, And Dream about how to Look, and Have a beautiful body shape like the movie stars. BUT, Now, The Korean Movie start to Popular in Thailand= More Thai Girls are going under Knife to change their face and their bodies to look like beautiful Korean girls.
Time is change in this world.
Have a great weekend, dear Khun Flowers.
Surapon.
PS. Are you from Thailand like Me ?

PS-2 THANKSSSSS " I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba "

Upvote 0
F

flowers

surapon said:
flowers said:
surapon said:

Wow, Sa Wass Dee Krub, Dear Khun Flowers----So nice to hear " Khun/ Mr. " word again----Yes, In Thailand " Khun = Mr. in High level of Autority"----And " Sa Wass Dee Krub = Have a Good day".,
Thanks for the new information = Halcyon company is American Company--Yes, Big Company for the specialty Computers.---Yes, I forget about that.

Well, Yes, " Hi khun Surapon, tell me, why do thai girls want to look like Western girls? "---Most of Thai Girls see the American/ European Movies, And Dream about how to Look, and Have a beautiful body shape like the movie stars. BUT, Now, The Korean Movie start to Popular in Thailand= More Thai Girls are going under Knife to change their face and their bodies to look like beautiful Korean girls.
Surapon.

PS-2 THANKSSSSS " I almost forgot! alibaba is not the most reliable place, many companies of bad repute deal on alibaba "

Sawat dee kaa, khun Surapon, mai pen thai khon! Pen yureethia... Yes, I noticed the aegyosal on the girls above, ha ha! Korean influence :)

I have found different branded 3rd party batteries near me, but I don't know about those brands... They are all different brands, very hard to know if they are good or not! But maybe I will order some and try them :)

Are they all safe? So they don't explode in the camera or anything? If they're safe then maybe I can try all the different ones!

Have a nice weeked as well, khun Surapon!

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
flowers said:
surapon said:
flowers said:
surapon said:

Surapon.

Sawat dee kaa, khun Surapon, mai pen thai khon! Pen yureethia... Yes, I noticed the aegyosal on the girls above, ha ha! Korean influence :)

I have found different branded 3rd party batteries near me, but I don't know about those brands... They are all different brands, very hard to know if they are good or not! But maybe I will order some and try them :)

Are they all safe? So they don't explode in the camera or anything? If they're safe then maybe I can try all the different ones!

Have a nice weeked as well, khun Surapon!
Thanks, Khun Flowers
" mai pen Khon thai ! Pen yureethia" Yes, I understand that "mai pen Khon thai= You are not from Thailand"--But I do not understand " Pen yureethia " ??.
BUT, You understand Thai Language = Great .
Have a great Weekend to you too.

Upvote 0
Dear Surapon, thanks for posting this. I enjoy reading the stuffyou share here, lot of new thinking and testing out and building new gear. Please keep doing it.

I've been thinking about you as there is a pink car in my street, I have yet to take a picture of it, but I will eventually and post it here for you as I remember your and Rienzphoto's discussion about it :D Everytime I come to Bangkok my daughters always looks for the pink taxis. When we score and get to ride in one, the day is made.

Upvote 0
F

flowers

surapon said:
Thanks, Khun Flowers
" mai pen Khon thai ! Pen yureethia" Yes, I understand that "mai pen Khon thai= You are not from Thailand"--But I do not understand " Pen yureethia " ??.
Ah, I'm sorry, I should have used a more thai expression... pen luk kreung! have a great weekend! :)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Arctic Photo said:
Dear Surapon, thanks for posting this. I enjoy reading the stuffyou share here, lot of new thinking and testing out and building new gear. Please keep doing it.

I've been thinking about you as there is a pink car in my street, I have yet to take a picture of it, but I will eventually and post it here for you as I remember your and Rienzphoto's discussion about it :D Everytime I come to Bangkok my daughters always looks for the pink taxis. When we score and get to ride in one, the day is made.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear Arctic Photo.
Yes, Any equipment that have no Brain, or Glass/ Lens= I try to beat the systems, Because I am the Cheapo---Ha, Ha, Ha., But Must have to be Both Cheap and Good or Great Too.
Yes, 5 Kinds of Taxi in Bangkok---The Pink, The Red, The Blue, The Green and the yellow one---Your Smart daughter is right on the Target, The Pink Taxi are the best, and the cleaness one too, the Company/ Owners of the Pink Taxi spend more time to clean up their Taxi= Better than another Company.

Yes, We have FUN to talk about the Pink Cadilac, Ha, Ha, Ha---1950 t0 late 1960 era.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
flowers said:
surapon said:
Thanks, Khun Flowers
Ah, I'm sorry, I should have used a more thai expression... pen luk kreung! have a great weekend! :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Khun Flowers---- I love your words " pen luk kreung! "= You are the Big City Person, But I came from the small rural town in Northeastern of Thailand , We Call our self = Khon E-Sarn.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

Upvote 0
F

flowers

surapon said:
flowers said:
surapon said:
Thanks, Khun Flowers

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Khun Flowers---- I love your words " pen luk kreung! "= You are the Big City Person, But I came from the small rural town in Northeastern of Thailand , We Call our self = Khon E-Sarn.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon
Ah, Khun surapon is from Isaan, I see. :) You still misunderstood... not khrung, khreung! Hard to spell in English! Thai spelling: ลูกครึ่ชาวฮั่น-อังกฤษ! No need to repeat it in English, I'm sure you understood now. :)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
flowers said:
surapon said:
flowers said:
surapon said:
Thanks, Khun Flowers

Have a great weekend.
Surapon
Ah, Khun surapon is from Isaan, I see. :) You still misunderstood... not khrung, khreung! Hard to spell in English! Thai spelling: No need to repeat it in English, I'm sure you understood now. :)

Yes, Now= Super Clear, And Complete understand " ลูกครึ่ชาวฮั่น-อังกฤษ! "----You get the Best of Both world.
Dear my friend Khun Flowers'
Good day.
Surapon

PS. Yes I am half Thai and Half Chinese too, Please see my small eyes

Attachments

• SURAPON-5.jpg
    SURAPON-5.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0
surapon said:
Arctic Photo said:

Yes, Any equipment that have no Brain, or Glass/ Lens= I try to beat the systems, Because I am the Cheapo---Ha, Ha, Ha., But Must have to be Both Cheap and Good or Great Too.
Yes, 5 Kinds of Taxi in Bangkok---The Pink, The Red, The Blue, The Green and the yellow one---Your Smart daughter is right on the Target, The Pink Taxi are the best, and the cleaness one too, the Company/ Owners of the Pink Taxi spend more time to clean up their Taxi= Better than another Company.

Yes, We have FUN to talk about the Pink Cadilac, Ha, Ha, Ha---1950 t0 late 1960 era.
Have a great Weekend.
Surapon
Dear Surapon,
as much as I enjoy the quality and high service level of the pink taxis which is the reason I go for them, my daughters are just happy with the colour :D . Will get a shot of the pink car for you tomorrow.

Have a great weekend you too sir.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Arctic Photo said:
surapon said:
Arctic Photo said:

Have a great Weekend.
Surapon
Dear Surapon,
as much as I enjoy the quality and high service level of the pink taxis which is the reason I go for them, my daughters are just happy with the colour :D . Will get a shot of the pink car for you tomorrow.

Have a great weekend you too sir.

Dear friend, Arctic Photo.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Pink car---I will wait to see your Pink car picture.
Thankssssss.
Surapon

PS, I have the most FUNNY Story about Pink 1950 ( Open roof) cadilac car.
One of my dear friend, he was the big guy in Radio station/ TV. station in my home city. One day about 25 years ago, His 1950 Openroof Pink Cadilac which park in his parking space at his Radio Studio is gone, Some one steal her. During the AM. radio boardcasting, He Speak in to mic, during the Break for country songs--- If any one hear his massage= Some one borrow his love Pink Cadilac with out tell him--But He is very happy that some one love that pink Cadilac as he love too, Yes, You can have that baby as long as you love her, BUT I ( my friend) want my pet back, He is so hungry and do not eat any meal for two days--Yes, He sleep under the driver seat , and he is a black Cobra, my dear pet as my guard dog---Please take care of Him and return him to me, I will give you the reward too.---------- And My friend boardcast this massages over and over again on AM Country song Radio station.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Next 2 hours, The Police see the Pink Cadilac with the engine still running on the ditch side of the rural road , But No one there, Yes, The Damage Grass in near by Ditch are shown that some one run away from the car, as fast as he/ she can---Try to get away from my friend's pet= Black Cobra----Ha, Ha, Ha.

Yes, This was true story that my dear friend tell me before he Die, Long time ago.---In Raleigh, North Carolina, Mr.Kid Brewer. RIP.

Upvote 0
F

flowers

surapon said:
Thankssssss.
Surapon

One of my dear friend, he was the big guy in Radio station/ TV. station in my home city. One day about 25 years ago, His 1950 Openroof Pink Cadilac which park in his parking space at his Radio Studio is gone, Some one steal her. During the AM. radio boardcasting, He Speak in to mic, during the Break for country songs--- If any one hear his massage= Some one borrow his love Pink Cadilac with out tell him--But He is very happy that some one love that pink Cadilac as he love too, Yes, You can have that baby as long as you love her, BUT I ( my friend) want my pet back, He is so hungry and do not eat any meal for two days--Yes, He sleep under the driver seat , and he is a black Cobra, my dear pet as my guard dog---Please take care of Him and return him to me, I will give you the reward too.---------- And My friend boardcast this massages over and over again on AM Country song Radio station.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Next 2 hours, The Police see the Pink Cadilac with the engine still running on the ditch side of the rural road , But No one there, Yes, The Damage Grass in near by Ditch are shown that some one run away from the car, as fast as the/ she can---Try to get away from my friend's pet= Black Cobra----Ha, Ha, Ha.

Yes, This was true story that my dear friend tell me before he Die, Long time ago.---In Raleigh, North Carolina, Mr.Kid Brewer. RIP.

Khun Surapon you are such a funny man! I laughed when I read your story. :) I'm glad your friend got his car back. Very smart! Ps. 新年快乐! 恭喜发财! I hope your zodiac for this year is good!

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
flowers said:
surapon said:
Thankssssss.
Surapon

Ha, Ha, Ha, Next 2 hours, The Police see the Pink Cadilac with the engine still running on the ditch side of the rural road , But No one there, Yes, The Damage Grass in near by Ditch are shown that some one run away from the car, as fast as the/ she can---Try to get away from my friend's pet= Black Cobra----Ha, Ha, Ha.

Khun Surapon you are such a funny man! I laughed when I read your story. :) I'm glad your friend got his car back. Very smart! Ps. 新年快乐! 恭喜发财! I hope your zodiac for this year is good!

Happy Chinese new year to you and to all of our friends too.
Surapon

Attachments

• chinese newyear.jpg
    chinese newyear.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 693
Upvote 0
surapon said:
East Wind Photography said:
These cheap batteries keep calling my name ... but I resist..waiting for more feedback from users here to report on accurate battery level display and total shot count. Also would like to hear about how hot the battery gets when fully charged...and perhaps how hot it gets after a good shoot.

As mentioned previously there is a good reason usually why they are cheap. I am willing to live with short battery life for such a price but not really interested if it takes the camera with it.

Yes, Dear my friend East Wind .
These Cheap Batteries " Halcyon" LP-E12,2200 mAh = $ 9.50 US Dollars call my name out Loud too----Ha, Ha, Ha---Past 3 days, I have use This Cheapo Chinese made Battery = 1 Battery, with 1 Full charge at 2 Hours--And I use up to 15 minutes ago, to shoot every thing in front of me, both single shots and Conti. Shots = 595 Photos, Still have Power to go, ( BUT, The Battery ICON at the EOS-M Camera = Still Full= :))
. Every 20-30 shots, I open and remove the Battery from the Chamber, to check the Temperature of Battery, No, From my hand, The Battery Temperature do not get Warmer---Yes, I am afraid that this HALCYON battery might blow up my $ 299 US Dollar EOS-M----Sorry, My lovely EOS-M still work Fine and my fingers still intact..

Now To night, I remove the Battery and Recharge It, Next 2 Hours---And See, What will happend to my Cheapo Battery next.
I will shoot another 500-600 more Photos by this new recharge Halcyon battery, and use it again tomorrow, And I will report back to you.
YES, IF NEXT TWO RECHARGES OF THIS CHEAPO BATTERY AND WORK AS CHARM LIKE MY FIRST CHARGE = YES, I WILL CALL THE MFG. IN CHINA, AND OFFER TO BUY THE COMPANY STOCK TOO.

Yes, As 64-almost 65 years honor old man as me, and tell you from my heart, This Cheapo Battery make me believe in MAGIC.----Well, If you do not see or hear from me next 2-3 days, I might die because the explosion of rechargable Chinese made LP-E12 battery, That I charge near my desk.
Have a good Monday Night.
Surapon

Now that you have had many cycles of battery charging i was wondering if you had any more insight on these 3rd party batteries and if the battery life is reported properlyy in the camera...

...also wondering if they have burned up yet! ;)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
surapon said:
These cheap batteries keep calling my name ... but I resist..waiting for more feedback from users here to report on accurate battery level display and total shot count. Also would like to hear about how hot the battery gets when fully charged...and perhaps how hot it gets after a good shoot.

As mentioned previously there is a good reason usually why they are cheap. I am willing to live with short battery life for such a price but not really interested if it takes the camera with it.

Yes, Dear my friend East Wind .
These Cheap Batteries " Halcyon" LP-E12,2200 mAh = $ 9.50 US Dollars call my name out Loud too----Ha, Ha, Ha---Past 3 days, I have use This Cheapo Chinese made Battery = 1 Battery, with 1 Full charge at 2 Hours--And I use up to 15 minutes ago, to shoot every thing in front of me, both single shots and Conti. Shots = 595 Photos, Still have Power to go, ( BUT, The Battery ICON at the EOS-M Camera = Still Full= :))
. Every 20-30 shots, I open and remove the Battery from the Chamber, to check the Temperature of Battery, No, From my hand, The Battery Temperature do not get Warmer---Yes, I am afraid that this HALCYON battery might blow up my $ 299 US Dollar EOS-M----Sorry, My lovely EOS-M still work Fine and my fingers still intact..

Now To night, I remove the Battery and Recharge It, Next 2 Hours---And See, What will happend to my Cheapo Battery next.
I will shoot another 500-600 more Photos by this new recharge Halcyon battery, and use it again tomorrow, And I will report back to you.
YES, IF NEXT TWO RECHARGES OF THIS CHEAPO BATTERY AND WORK AS CHARM LIKE MY FIRST CHARGE = YES, I WILL CALL THE MFG. IN CHINA, AND OFFER TO BUY THE COMPANY STOCK TOO.

Yes, As 64-almost 65 years honor old man as me, and tell you from my heart, This Cheapo Battery make me believe in MAGIC.----Well, If you do not see or hear from me next 2-3 days, I might die because the explosion of rechargable Chinese made LP-E12 battery, That I charge near my desk.
Have a good Monday Night.
Surapon

Now that you have had many cycles of battery charging i was wondering if you had any more insight on these 3rd party batteries and if the battery life is reported properlyy in the camera...

...also wondering if they have burned up yet! ;)

Dear friend East Wind.
Yes, I use Both Wasabi power and Halcyon ( 4 of each brand name) for 2weeks about 3 cycle of charge per battery, It keep the power for 300 to 450 Each shots, Which better than my 2 Canon batteries ( only 120 to 180 Shots)----BIG BUT, This Wasabi and Halcyon batteries do not show the Power in Canon EOS-M LCD. Because No computer chip in the battery ( That why so cheap)----When it no power---Just turn the Camera Off. YES, I must have the spare batteries in my pocket all the times.
That is only Bad Thing after 3 Cycle charge these Batteries----NO, Not thing blow up in my EOS-M Yet.
After the Battery out of Power, IT STILL COLD TEMPERATURE, Not Hot as the stove range----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Workweek.
Surapon

Upvote 0