Help on a pocketable compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenTog

Fear no man, for he bleeds just like you.
Jun 26, 2012
Palatine, Il
www.teentog.com
Hey everyone! I'm finding that these days I'm less likely to take my dslr most places, and that because of that I'm missing some key moments with friends and family. I'd like a compact that can fit in my jeans pocket and yet still has decent image quality and will serve me well for a couple of years. Again, just casual snapshots here and there. I'd like to keep the price around/under $250. After looking at a few options, the Lumix zs3 is interesting me, but I'm not quite sure yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

TeenTog said:
Hey everyone! I'm finding that these days I'm less likely to take my dslr most places, and that because of that I'm missing some key moments with friends and family. I'd like a compact that can fit in my jeans pocket and yet still has decent image quality and will serve me well for a couple of years. Again, just casual snapshots here and there. I'd like to keep the price around/under $250. After looking at a few options, the Lumix zs3 is interesting me, but I'm not quite sure yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
To call "pocket camera" I see something like Canon SX160, SX170.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2013
I had a panasonic Lumix DMC-lx5 but the auto white balance was awful. I sold it on eBay. I currently have the Sony rx100 (version 1) and it is the best pocket camera i have ever owned. I had the s95 and thought it was great but it got stolen and I upgraded - I would still recommend the "s" series for the price. I'm selling an EOS M on eBay right now - the IQ is on par with the Sony IMO, and since its not exactly pocketable, I didn't really use it so I'm selling it to help pay for the Fuji x100s I just bought. But for the price, I'd say the the s100 or s110 would be a good choice (both under $300 on amazon) based on my experience with the s95.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.