Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R5

Nov 1, 2012
Must be a typo. Otherwise the camera would be useless during winters in Northern EU areas, like Baltics and Scandinavia, and many other places in the world. My 1st DSLR Canon 40D worked fine even at -40C. Can't comment on 5DIV as unfortunately we haven't have any proper winter past few years.

That's typical range for battery devices so you can't blame them if the battery life is awful at -20C.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2014
Good Grief, everybody was complaining about this feature or that feature and Canon adds them. Now they're complaining about wanting software under-exposed images. Like damn, just be happy for five seconds and buy a filter. Where were you the last decade when nobody cared? Or last week, for that matter. "I swear, if Canon doesn't add computationally under-exposed images, they are doooomed!" Is that the chant for the next five years?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
Good Grief, everybody was complaining about this feature or that feature and Canon adds them. Now they're complaining about wanting software under-exposed images. Like damn, just be happy for five seconds and buy a filter. Where were you the last decade when nobody cared? Or last week, for that matter. "I swear, if Canon doesn't add computationally under-exposed images, they are doooomed!" Is that the chant for the next five years?
Well said. I am enjoying the news, and they are complaining. It seems to be finally true.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
So, what is the secret feature for still photography. No GS, no DGO...
Ooh, perhaps it's like some phone cameras out there, it starts taking pictures before you have pressed the shutter button fully and then carries on until it's released.
Or is voice controlled. 'take a nice picture of that mountain with exposure for the sky and the mountain' :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Because pretty much every camera spec sheet ever published has had the same range… It doesn't mean it stops working at 0°C.

I'll have to take your word for it on pretty much every spec sheet ever published, but congratulations on reading so many.
So what does "working range" mean then if not the range within it will work?

Upvote 0
This is the working temperature range on the Canon website for the EOS R:
Working Temperature Range: 32-104° F / 0-40° C

And this is all it says for the EOS RP (no indication of F or C):
Working Temperature Range: 85° or less

What would the typo be?

Having experienced weather on either side of those references often would mean a lot of scenarios in which I should not use the camera, therefore my question if it could be a typo. (sorry thought it was clear)

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
Additional R5 video details:
4k30p FF is 8k downsampled so it takes advantage of the whole sensor with regards to ISO or dynamic range (I guess FF 4k60p or 4k120p line-skipped)
There is also a 1.6x crop mode with 5.1k readout (which coincidentally is the same as what the R6 does on the full sensor) and it works up to 4k60p as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Additional R5 video details:
4k30p FF is 8k downsampled so it takes advantage of the whole sensor with regards to ISO or dynamic range (I guess FF 4k60p or 4k120p line-skipped)
There is also a 1.6x crop mode with 5.1k readout (which coincidentally is the same as what the R6 does on the full sensor) and it works up to 4k60p as well.
Interesting! That 4k 30p should look very good indeed

Upvote 0