Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

And for those that want an organic feel in their moving shots that doesn’t make their viewer seasick is precisely why many people prefer steadicams.

I agree. Steadycams over gimbals any day of the week.
But for my style of documentary, “cinema vérité” shooting, sometimes it’s just easier to have a light and discreet package. A decent ibis often does the trick for me. It’s just about removing the micro jitter.

Upvote 0

domo_p1000

EOS-1D X MkIII | EOS-1D X MkII
CR Pro
Aug 22, 2013
Is this safe To say that this is the A7SIII killer (that I’ve been desperately waiting for to stop me from switching to Sony ?
the way things unfold in my fantasy: r5 for everyday and travel, c70 for more professional filming needs such as short films. One system, all my needs covered.
I'm impressed to have had to read almost three pages of comments before Sony gets its first obligatory mention!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Kam

Lumix GH5/A7SIII
Aug 27, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I
Why does IBIS have to be there?

If you're a videographer you have a decent tripod and a gimbal. Gimbal footage looks a damn sight better than anything handheld with IBIS, and this camera looks like it was made to fly.

Panasonic didn't bother with IBIS in the GH5s because it isn't considered to be a useful feature for many pro filmmakers or videographers.
The BMPCC4k/6k are the same shape, yet way smaller and they can barely fit on most gimbals, qnd are a huge pain to balance.
What gimbal is this gonna go on exactly?
I can only think of Zhiyun Crane3S.

Upvote 0
I'm impressed to have had to read almost three pages of comments before Sony gets its first obligatory mention!

Does it bother you that we mention Sony ? Not sure why...
We come to rumour site to know about future products of a brand. We want to know about their future so we can take educated decision on which system to choose and invest in long term.
For those of us who still havent made a decision, it's a hard time to choose. With the release of the A7SIII and the R5, we're between a rock and a hard place.
The R5 is not as good as the A7SIII for video, the A7SIII is not as good as the R5 for photos. It's important to me to know which is the next camera that will come out for each brand to become the right companion for my purchase.
Ex: The C70 could be the right video companion for my R5 Hybrid camera. Or the A7IV could be the right hybrid companion for my A7SIII video camera... See what I mean ? My point is that I'm still undecided between the two systems. What I know for a fact is that neither the R5 or the A7SIII will be enough for me as a one and only camera. So the next product of the two brands would help me make my decision easier. The C70 would tip the balance in favour Canon I think. If it ticks all the boxes in my Wishlist... Cant wait to get the specs over the weekend !

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I
The BMPCC4k/6k are the same shape, yet way smaller and they can barely fit on most gimbals, qnd are a huge pain to balance.
What gimbal is this gonna go on exactly?
I can only think of Zhiyun Crane3S.

I think it's hard in this photo to get a sense of scale. The shape is ugly, but convenient. As for the size, for all we know it could be tiny like a komodo

Upvote 0
Looks like the big brother to an XC-10 or 15. I had an XC-10 for a while. A lot of youtubers hated on it, but I found it to be quite good. The only reason why I got rid of it is I couldn't shoot raw in stills mode and the jpeg engine wasn't quite the same as in their EOS line. I so wished Canon would have released an XC with an EF-M mount back then, but an RF mount would also be nice.

Upvote 0

Kam

Lumix GH5/A7SIII
Aug 27, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
Is this, dare I say, the "video R5" everyone's been moaning about? Also, note the huge vent on the side.

Some of the labels I was able to decipher:

View attachment 192504
No.
Not Full Frame, no IBIS, much larger body.
This is not a video R5. This is a Canon Pocket Cinema.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
It's the 1DC Mark II :love: .....If that handgrip is built in 1d-style then it better:

1. Takes stills (perhaps a mirrorless 1dx III built in?)
2. Have a swivel screen (or titling at minimum)

If so it'll be a gauntlet through-down for a video/stills hybrid. Which would make sense that it moved from the stills to Cinema line, as the necessary venting and button layout is dictated more by video need than photo.

However, it doesn't look like there's an EVF....which puts a serious damper on any possible stills capability. So if this is only video capable, I'm a bit bummed they just didn't shrink down the C100 body 20% or so....that EVF + removal side grip + swivel/tilt screen is such a versatile package.
EVF accessory..Many owners complained about the evf in the way of their rigs, and would prefer it being removable. Even a tilting removable one GFX style would be nice.

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Is this safe To say that this is the A7SIII killer (that I’ve been desperately waiting for to stop me from switching to Sony ?
the way things unfold in my fantasy: r5 for everyday and travel, c70 for more professional filming needs such as short films. One system, all my needs covered.
Not sure why people keep comparing this to the Sony A73? That camera is way smaller and lighter... shoots full frame 4K, has extreme low light capabilities etc...
To me this camera is more targeting something like the Red Komodo 6K.... but with better dynamic range, more flexible package, with reliable AF. I guess we’ll no more soon?

Upvote 0
Not sure why people keep comparing this to the Sony A73? That camera is way smaller and lighter... shoots full frame 4K, has extreme low light capabilities etc...
To me this camera is more targeting something like the Red Komodo 6K.... but with better dynamic range, more flexible package, with reliable AF. I guess we’ll no more soon?

The reason why we keep comparing it to the a7siii is because the R5 is kind of amazing and better than the a7siii for video, except it's not. So we're hoping canon will "finish the work" by giving up a great portable cine camera (because yes, except for a few details such as VND, the a7siii is resembling a lot a cine camera)

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Is this, dare I say, the "video R5" everyone's been moaning about? Also, note the huge vent on the side.

Some of the labels I was able to decipher:

View attachment 192504
Not with a APS/C sensor it’s not. Also lacks the 45MP sensor, IBIS and 8K. It replaces all the fancy hardware with ports, ND and swivel grip. Also from the picture I cannot discern and hinge that would be necessary for a flip screen? So that is in doubt at this point.
So this begs the question:
  • Smaller sensor
  • No 8K
  • No IBIS
  • No high resolution super fast readout sensor
$6300? Is the extra money just for ports?

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
The reason why we keep comparing it to the a7siii is because the R5 is kind of amazing and better than the a7siii for video, except it's not. So we're hoping canon will "finish the work" by giving up a great portable cine camera (because yes, except for a few details such as VND, the a7siii is resembling a lot a cine camera)
Except it’s half the price... and full frame... and if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Upvote 0