How do I turn off all this "achievements" garbage?

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
OK, click your name upper-right hand corner. At the bottom of the menu is "Preferences." That takes you a page with about things listed on the left. The tenth is again "Preferences." Click that, and near the bottom of the list are these checkboxes. They default on. I just turned them off so I don't know if that's necessary and sufficient but time will tell.

1677652438925.png

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
OK, click your name upper-right hand corner. At the bottom of the menu is "Preferences." That takes you a page with about things listed on the left. The tenth is again "Preferences." Click that, and near the bottom of the list are these checkboxes. They default on. I just turned them off so I don't know if that's necessary and sufficient but time will tell.

View attachment 207759
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
You don‘t like that stuff designed to suck you into this community by increasing your addiction?
But the programmers put so much effort into it…

Honestly, I always get afraid seeing the weekly rankings, not feeling spending too much time here.
I‘ll keep it turned on - as s warning to myself…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
You don‘t like that stuff designed to suck you into this community by increasing your addiction?
But the programmers put so much effort into it…

Honestly, I always get afraid seeing the weekly rankings, not feeling spending too much time here.
I‘ll keep it turned on - as s warning to myself…
me too, I cringe to see my rankings on FB too! It didn't occur to me to leave the ranking system on, to rub in my face how much time I waste here :-S

Though I have to say thanks to the admin, this one site is about exactly the right size of site for me, I don't have a need to go elsewhere to gab.

Upvote 0

i-G12

Wat?
Oct 31, 2023
Seattle

View attachment 207759
I have them disabled but still am getting alerts about achievement awards and levels reached. Ugh.

Can't we get rid of those completely?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0