How do you carry your EOS-M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some good options for hand straps, shoulder slings, or bags to use for an EOS-M?

When I'm out with my 40D, I use a hand strap and work out of a Domke 803 shoulder bag. I'm thinking about getting a smaller bag that can hold the camera + a couple lenses, or ditching the bag completely and using an R-strap or something similar. What works for all of you?

I'm looking at this camdapter strap, but it'd be nice to have a plate that's arca swiss compatible.
http://www.camdapter.com/handstrap/camstrap.html

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
fugu said:
What are some good options for hand straps, shoulder slings, or bags to use for an EOS-M?

When I'm out with my 40D, I use a hand strap and work out of a Domke 803 shoulder bag. I'm thinking about getting a smaller bag that can hold the camera + a couple lenses, or ditching the bag completely and using an R-strap or something similar. What works for all of you?

I'm looking at this camdapter strap, but it'd be nice to have a plate that's arca swiss compatible.
http://www.camdapter.com/handstrap/camstrap.html

I just bought a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 for my M kit. As I don't yet have the camera, lenses or the bag, I don't know whether it was a good idea or not. But it might be worth a look.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/969748-REG/think_tank_photo_658_mirrorless_mover_20.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
neuroanatomist said:
I ordered a Lowepro Dashpoint 20 for my EOS M + 22mm pancake. I'm a big believer in a camera bag with no excess space (which explains why I have so many camera bags!).

That looks like a nice minimalist case. Is there room for at least 1 spare battery in there? I read this camera is a battery hog. I picked up a Black Rapid Metro sling for going minimalist. Hope I don't get caught in the rain...

Upvote 0
brad-man said:
neuroanatomist said:
I ordered a Lowepro Dashpoint 20 for my EOS M + 22mm pancake. I'm a big believer in a camera bag with no excess space (which explains why I have so many camera bags!).

That looks like a nice minimalist case. Is there room for at least 1 spare battery in there? I read this camera is a battery hog. I picked up a Black Rapid Metro sling for going minimalist. Hope I don't get caught in the rain...

I tried the Dashpoint 20 too. Works great if you're only carrying the M + 22mm. There's a space for an extra memory card, but no space for a battery. In my case, I'm still looking for an alternative as the space got really tight when I tried to fold the shoulder strap in there as well. If you're not using a strap it will work fine, and you should be able to drop an extra battery, but it'll be bouncing around.

Any other ideas for an M + 22mm with a shoulder strap are appreciated!

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
pensive tomato said:
brad-man said:
neuroanatomist said:

I tried the Dashpoint 20 too. Works great if you're only carrying the M + 22mm. There's a space for an extra memory card, but no space for a battery. In my case, I'm still looking for an alternative as the space got really tight when I tried to fold the shoulder strap in there as well. If you're not using a strap it will work fine, and you should be able to drop an extra battery, but it'll be bouncing around.

Any other ideas for an M + 22mm with a shoulder strap are appreciated!

I bought the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 so I can carry the M + 22mm + 18-55mm + 270EXll + Black Rapid Metro + option for carrying auto battery charger w/2 spares and possibly a mini pod. It will live in the backseat of my car. The model also comes in a version 10 for just the camera + another lens and a few accessories (probably would work for you) or the 5 for just the camera + battery. I've never been disappointed with Think Tank.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
pensive tomato said:
I tried the Dashpoint 20 too. Works great if you're only carrying the M + 22mm.

Thanks for the confirmation. I plan to use only a wrist strap, at least for now. Would prefer something to attach to the strap lug rather than the tripod socket (like the camdapter). Canon makes one, but it's not available in the US....

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Ok, so my EOS M + 22mm f/2 kit arrived today, but my Dashpoint 20 is still en route. However, last night i had a mini epiphany, and it turned out to be a good one. When I switched my Speedlite setup from a 600EX-RT and two 430EX II's to three of the 600's, I bought two more Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 75 AW cases for the 600's, and was left with one of the Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 55 AW cases for a 430EX II that I no longer had. So last night I thought, I wonder if the EOS M will fit? (As a side note, I use a Lowepro Lens Exchange 200 AW as an ideal case for transporting my disassembled RRS PG-02 LLR gimbal head, and a Lowepro Lens Case 9x13 for my RRS BH-55, so I don't mind using a case intended for a flash to hold a camera, instead.)

It turns out that the EOS M with the pancake lens mounted fits very nicely in a Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 55 AW. There's a small internal pocket that will hold a battery and spare SD card, there's room for a strap to be rolled up inside the case, and the case has a Sliplock attachment and a tuck-away all-weather cover. There's a snap closure in addition to the zipper, for quick access when actively shooting.

Upvote 0
I had bought a small backpack made by Lowepro for my Canon 30D. It had a single zipped space in the top (for lunch?) and a padded compartmentalised space in the bottom, for the camera body and a couple of lenses. I stopped using it because my 70-200mm F4 or 135L would only fit in the upper chamber and the body took up too much room in the bottom. But now it's perfect for the EOS-M. The body fits nicely in one of the little cubbys meant to hold a lens and there's enough room left over for a couple of lenses and the EF adapter. The big lenses, alas, must still be exiled to the top compartment though.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Ok, so my EOS M + 22mm f/2 kit arrived today, but my Dashpoint 20 is still en route. However, last night i had a mini epiphany, and it turned out to be a good one. When I switched my Speedlite setup from a 600EX-RT and two 430EX II's to three of the 600's, I bought two more Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 75 AW cases for the 600's, and was left with one of the Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 55 AW cases for a 430EX II that I no longer had. So last night I thought, I wonder if the EOS M will fit? (As a side note, I use a Lowepro Lens Exchange 200 AW as an ideal case for transporting my disassembled RRS PG-02 LLR gimbal head, and a Lowepro Lens Case 9x13 for my RRS BH-55, so I don't mind using a case intended for a flash to hold a camera, instead.)

It turns out that the EOS M with the pancake lens mounted fits very nicely in a Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 55 AW. There's a small internal pocket that will hold a battery and spare SD card, there's room for a strap to be rolled up inside the case, and the case has a Sliplock attachment and a tuck-away all-weather cover. There's a snap closure in addition to the zipper, for quick access when actively shooting.
Cases for every small thing. You are a case study for case management of cases ;D ;D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.