How do you carry your EOS-M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordonbb said:
neuroanatomist said:
gordonbb said:
I'm still trying to figure out the best option for me for securing it. I bought a wrist strap (Canon camcorder strap) but it's too long and I had to cut it down for the attachment lug so I'm either using the kit neck strap or a recycled p&s wrist strap for now.
There's always the ER-E1 strap...
thanks Neuro,

I did see your post and the strap looks nice but for $50 I'd rather spend the money and get the tiny Leica Time strap. Now if we could only convince Luigi to make a half case for the M like he has for the G10 ...

My ER-E1 was under $30. (¥2900) bought on amazon.jp - is it really $50 in the US? Seems a bit steep. Usually stuff over there is cheaper.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Recently bought a Hama Nashville 130 bag @ € 30 or so.
https://www.hama.com/00121866/hama-nashville-camera-bag-130-black-blue

It fits a larger M-Kit ... body + 18-55 + 22/2 + EF-S 55-250 STM with adapter attached.
There is still room for an 11-22 :)

Instead of the 55-250 telezoom there would also be room for a speedlite .. 430 fits easily; 600EX only folded up

If I get round to take some pics of bag with content I'll do so.

Upvote 0
Picked up a Lowepro Streamline 100 when it was 40% off at a local retailer :).
Fits my basic kit very snugly (EOS-M, spare battery, 90EX, 18-55, 11-22, 22mm). Camera is display up on the inside; 22mm and zoom stacked on other side of partition.
Main downside, with the 22mm attached there is not enough height to stack camera with 22 on top of one of the zooms.

PS. Love the 11-22mm :D

Attachments

• Streamline 100 Unpacked.JPG
    Streamline 100 Unpacked.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 773
  • Streamline 100 Packed.JPG
    Streamline 100 Packed.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 778
Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Zv said:
My ER-E1 was under $30. (¥2900) bought on amazon.jp - is it really $50 in the US? Seems a bit steep. Usually stuff over there is cheaper.

It's not available from retailers in North America, has to be bought from HK (e.g., DigitalRev) or the UK.

I just bought one direct from HK for $40.42 U$D.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
Just got my M. I have a old Rollie P &S film camera. The pouch is a perfect fit for the M with 22mm lens. I wear the pouch on my belt. I use the P&S fabric hand strap from my old S870. A slip knot was tied to the lug of the camera. I have also used tread to make sure that the knot WILL NOT come loose. Since the strap is compact, I can tug it inside the pouch. That makes it a very neat package. The real purpose of the strap is for security during shooting, not for carrying the camera by itself.
I also use an old Lowepro Mini shoulder bag to carry the M with 22mm in the pouch, the 18-55mm lens, the90EX and a few odds and ends

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
iMagic said:
mazing said:
I notice that the lens cap is attached not to the lens body but to the moving element group. This troubles me, as the lens cap protrudes, and thus it is likely to be hit, resulting in a direct impact to the focusing apparatus. It seems to me that with the lens cap removed, the tiny front element is exposed, but the focusing apparatus is better protected. Also, the lens cap does not protect debris from entering the focusing mechanism, only from contacting the front element. Hence, I think I'll forgo the use of the lens cap.

Just got mine and I noticed too that the lens cap is pretty thick being a center pinch style. I was thinking about just using a bare UV filter instead of lens cap. But I wonder if that would introduce some other complications. I was also thinking that perhaps it would help with flare as the ring on the filter may block some stray light. Comments?
You can cover the entire lens with a 61mm push on cap. I just got mine. You want to make sure it is a 61mm not 60mm. the standard push on cap for a 58mm filter lens is 60mm. I suggest you to try ii out before buying it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.