I dropped my 40D with EF 35L attached. Help pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmp2000

squarebox said:
jmp2000 said:
myone said:
Just picked up my camera and lens.

The 40D has replacements of the shutter assembly, the shutter release button and AF unit
The 35/1.4 has misaligned center components and need to be re-calibrated.

Everything is fixed and cost me $209 for the body and $269 for the lens.
Never thought repair can be so expensive. Take good care of your gears guys...
Just a heads up and insure it. I pay about $225 a year to cover 20k in gear w/o a deductable and it covers drops, theft, lost gear, just about anything. It pays for itself with one repair job at the Irvine service center.

quick question, does that insurance cover drops made while you are outside? The insurance I am looking to get (not in the U.S.) has a weird rule of only having coverage when I am under a roof.

I specifically checked and even if I drop the thing off a pier or it gets soaked by a wave it's covered. Well worth the $225.

Upvote 0
Insurance ...l your best friend.... Not that expensive, around $1.5 per $100 insured per year...(in the US) Some time ago on an accident my 70-200 hit the flor on the front lens, no lens cap, ended as a big piece of paperweight.. Insurance paid for it...

It was a Friday night.... Awful weekend until I got to talk with an agent on Monday.

Upvote 0
If you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, and are not shooting professionally, you may already be covered, or you may need an addendum. Mine is $.005 be $1 of gear per year.

Also consider buying your gear with a credit card that offers some protection. My Amex doubles my warrantee and provides theft and loss protection.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.