Industry News: Nikon releases another mirrorless camera teaser

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
On August 23, 2018, Nikon will unveil their new full frame mirrorless system and lens mount.
The Rumored Specifications via Nikon Rumors:

Two Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras expected: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility, previously reported in October last year).
BSI sensors (supposed to be new gen/tech with advanced AF).
5-axis in-body stabilization
9fps
Memory cards: XQD and CF Express (ProGrade is coming with a CF Express card).
EVF resolution: 3.6MP (I am not sure if this is MP or million dots).
Very good video AF features.
Video AF could be different for...

Continue reading...

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Give them some credit for this fun 'it is real but you are still guessing' tease campaign. With no hotshoe to scale things against and the assumption of a bigger mount, we can't reverse engineer how big this thing is. Even the dude who made the paper mockup we've seen is guessing. That's pretty clever.

All we know is that it has a thinner mount and that FX lenses are compatible. Because that's all Nikon wants us to know.

- A

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Give them some credit for this fun 'it is real but you are still guessing' tease campaign. With no hotshoe to scale things against and the assumption of a bigger mount, we can't reverse engineer how big this thing is. Even the dude who made the paper mockup we've seen is guessing. That's pretty clever.

All we know is that it has a thinner mount and that FX lenses are compatible. Because that's all Nikon wants us to know.

- A
even without that comparison the mount seems to dominate the front of the camera.

Upvote 0

- A

Not all FX lenses. Only 'E' lenses.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Nikon system sounds like it will be good, would be nice if Canon gave us something to go on. I'm poised to dump them for good if they screw this up, Nikon and Sony will be a nice combo. Already have D500 and A7R3 and A9 and 5D4 is my only Canon camera now, just sold 1DX. Using my glass on Sony though. Would love nothing more than Canon to offer something every bit as good as Sony but with their trademark superb ergonomics but am dubious it will happen.

Upvote 0
Nikon system sounds like it will be good, would be nice if Canon gave us something to go on. I'm poised to dump them for good if they screw this up, Nikon and Sony will be a nice combo. Already have D500 and A7R3 and A9 and 5D4 is my only Canon camera now, just sold 1DX. Using my glass on Sony though. Would love nothing more than Canon to offer something every bit as good as Sony but with their trademark superb ergonomics but am dubious it will happen.

You have three great full-frame all-rounder and one excellent APS-C all-rounder. Altogether four great digital cameras. Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but why the hell on Earth do you need more?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

I get somewhat fed up with those who indulge in a serious number of very expensive bodies from a variety of manufacturers and then whinge. It seems you have a serious case of gas. Most of us can afford only a limited investment in gear and those of us who are lucky to have spare cash carry on with getting the best out of our equipment rather than chasing after small advantages elsewhere.

Upvote 0