Is This One of the New Tilt-Shift Lenses?

Jul 21, 2010
aceflibble said:
neuroanatomist said:
A lens that short isn't going to have a lens collar.
Depends how dense it is. Lens collars for mounting are necessary because of the weight just as much as the length of a lens. While I doubt it is the case in this particular example, as this lens doesn't look broad enough or long enough to be heavy, it's worth bearing in mind for future reference that there have been a few lenses here and there which have required collars despite not being very long. If a lens is heavy enough it's better to have the body hanging off the mount than the lens hanging off it, regardless of length.

Tell that to my 85L – it's called the 'magic cannonball' (or is that Canonball?) for a reason.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
Antono Refa said:
Considering it's location and the direction it's facing, I think it's a lens collar thumbscrew, not a TS-E's knob.

There is the 100L Macro that is comparatively short with an optional lens collar. But if it is genuine it has the rough size of a TS-E 45mm and has been noted the collars have the screw on the other side.

If it is a 45 TS-E I will be getting it.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
privatebydesign said:
neuroanatomist said:
Antono Refa said:
Considering it's location and the direction it's facing, I think it's a lens collar thumbscrew, not a TS-E's knob.

There is the 100L Macro that is comparatively short with an optional lens collar. But if it is genuine it has the rough size of a TS-E 45mm and has been noted the collars have the screw on the other side.

The pictured lens is far shorter than the 100L. Unless it extends to double it's length like the MP-E 65, it's not a collar.

As was also pointed out, the screw is also on the wrong side for a Canon collar. I did quite like the response that maybe it was a 3rd party lens collar. For a prototype lens. :eek:

Upvote 0

TeT

I am smiling because I am happy...
Feb 17, 2014
rrcphoto said:
Canon Rumors said:
We’ve been sent an image that is apparently one of the new tilt-shift lenses that Canon will be releasing soon. We do not have confirmation of the focal length of the three upcoming tilt-shift lenses, but we’re assuming the 45mm and 90mm version will be replaced and we’ll get a new focal length for the line.</p>

that doesn't even look like a canon lens.

+1; not sure if the camera can be ID as canon either...

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
privatebydesign said:
neuroanatomist said:
Antono Refa said:

The pictured lens is far shorter than the 100L. Unless it extends to double it's length like the MP-E 65, it's not a collar.

As was also pointed out, the screw is also on the wrong side for a Canon collar. I did quite like the response that maybe it was a 3rd party lens collar. For a prototype lens. :eek:

there is no collar, the tripod head was mounted directly to the camera body.

Upvote 0
TeT said:
rrcphoto said:
Canon Rumors said:
We’ve been sent an image that is apparently one of the new tilt-shift lenses that Canon will be releasing soon. We do not have confirmation of the focal length of the three upcoming tilt-shift lenses, but we’re assuming the 45mm and 90mm version will be replaced and we’ll get a new focal length for the line.</p>

that doesn't even look like a canon lens.

+1; not sure if the camera can be ID as canon either...

as I already wrote in my first message the camera is a canon 5ds/r

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
slclick said:
Does that red ring seem twice as thick? If it was a prototype why red ring it?

the red ring is off, yes it looks too thick. it's also in the wrong place really. canon places it right at the edge of the lens to lens hood. Also canon never writes in red on a lens near the red stripe.

the lens hood has something on it, doesn't look right to be saying "canon".

it almost reminds me of a samyang versus a canon.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Canon Rumors said:
We've confirmed the focal length of the 3 new tilt-shift lenses, I'm just waiting to confirm the speed and if they're all L's. We know one of them has macro capabilities, we're not sure if it's 1:1 or not. I hope to post all of this in more detail shortly.

if that's the case, what's the lenses made in Malaysia then? these certainly aren't made there.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
rrcphoto said:
Canon Rumors said:
We've confirmed the focal length of the 3 new tilt-shift lenses, I'm just waiting to confirm the speed and if they're all L's. We know one of them has macro capabilities, we're not sure if it's 1:1 or not. I hope to post all of this in more detail shortly.

if that's the case, what's the lenses made in Malaysia then? these certainly aren't made there.

I don't know.

Upvote 0

davidcl0nel

Canon R5, 17 TSE, RF35+85 IS, RF70-200 4 IS, EF135
Jan 11, 2014
Berlin
www.flickr.com
Antono Refa said:
I doubt whether a TS-E 35mm would be profitable enough to make, when people have the option to buy TS-E 24mm + EF 1.4x teleconverter.

The same I could say about the 24mm. I don't have it, but do it with the 17 TSE+1.4 Ext as well. ;)

rrcphoto said:
canon places it right at the edge of the lens to lens hood.

Then you should look again on the 17 TSE and 24 TSE....

Upvote 0