Lenses to Washington DC?

Jemlnlx

Itchy shutter finger...
CR Pro
Hi Everyone

Taking a trip down to Washington DC for Easter Weekend...Cherry Blossoms!!!

I have a 5D III and a G1X (wife will be manning/womanning?).

I have a... 16-35mm/4 IS, 24-70mm/2.8 I, sigma 50mm/1.4, 70-200mmf/4 IS, 100mm/2.8 non IS, and a 300f/4 IS.

I am definitely taking the 16-35mm/4 and the 300mm/4. I figured wide angle for most of the time, since most of the attractions/scenery are up close. The 300mm is specifically for the zoo, which I hear is great and am looking forward to.

Any and all advice and recommendations are appreciated.

"Taking a trip down to Washington DC for Easter Weekend...Cherry Blossoms"

be prepared for no or very limited blossoms... I had snow falling on my bike ride today, spring seems to be late this year. As for lenses 24-70mm & 70-200mm would be my suggestion. IMHO DC is best photographed with longer lenses to compress all the boring space in between objects. I almost never take a wide down to the mall anymore.

Having lived here for many years last year was the first year I really went down to photograph the blossoms (over many days) - I could not believe what a mad scene it is, I say this because my humble advice is to pack as light as possible. Of course I'm a tripod person so I always carry one of those.

Just because you're coming from the North don't think it's warm down here to forget some light gloves and warm jacket for the early morning stuff. Plus the monuments are pretty cool (pun:) in the night time as well. And plan on using the metro, not parking a car near the Tidal Basin.

hope this helps

Upvote 0