Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R1 development [CR2]

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Not for

Not All of us. I am still getting great images with my 7d2, but I am about to compliment that with an R6(unfortunately the nearly 7k price tag for the R5 in Aus is just too much to justify), which will be my first new body for nearly 4 years and it while will be a worthy upgrade it wont make up for any lack of bushcraft when it comes to chasing wildlife

Hell, I'm still having fun capturing fun images on medium format FILM!!!
;)

C

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
FILM? I look back in great fondness, ... but my kids just asked me "What's that?" :ROFLMAO:

Well, with Medium Format, you do have some interesting things...I like shooting on different formats....rather than cropping.

I like the square 6x6 format shots I shoot with my Hasselband V System 501 CM camera.

Shooting FOR that composition makes a difference in how I shoot., plus its kinda fun the attention I get, I'll admit...when I have that or my Yashica Mat-124G TLR camera and people are curious as to what it is, etc...

I also have a Shen Hao dedicated 6x17 medium format view camera. It shoots wonderful panoramic.

I don't tend to shoot 35mm film as that well, I can regularly do that format with my digital. But with MF film, it is fun to shoot for natively different formats that you can get currently with digital.

And sure I know how to stitch digital for panoramas...but hard to do things on digital like shooting panoramic of water with a ND filter on, or capturing that wide a shot of birds flying, other things in motion in one shutter click.

Plus...well....the main reason is, it is FUN.

And isn't that last reason the most important one?
;)

cayenne

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
My primary concerns are IQ, DR, Focus and color.
Could care less about Video.
Convince me an EVF can equal an OVF for pro and Olympic Sports.
Fuji and Hasselblad have superior color Canon needs to step it up.
It has to be at least 45MP's.
Dual same media.
Have bags of batteries and cards, Think of those who own 1DX 1DXII and 1DXIII.
If current kits are EF glass consisting of 35 50 24-70 70-200 300 400 200-400 and 3 Bodies. If Canon can't meet the specs we asked for, then we are not replacing the above mentioned kits.

Happy to spend budget that makes our agency better positioned.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0