Let's see some great shots taken with old, cheap gear!

Jul 14, 2012
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
Some great shots. I love shooting with vintage glass. My most recent toy is a vintage Zeiss Planar T* 1.7/50mm. Really quite a beautiful lens, and very sharp when you nail focus.

I share your enthusiasm, an enthusiasm I wouldn't have if mirrorless cameras hadn't made vintage lenses so easy to use; that's probably the chief appeal to me of the Sony a7 line - not the resolution, not the dynamic range, but the fact that they're so far the only FF mirrorless option.

I probably have too many c. 50mm lenses already, but you certainly make this one look appealing - then again, I suspect you could make any lens look good.... I love the colors (among other things) in this photo.

Upvote 0
I love my Ti1 (500D) and I still miss it. I'll not think twice using it together with my 6D. I get it back from my Dad and just give him something from the G-series. :)

8115061398_1327714438_z.jpg

Upvote 0
sdsr said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
Some great shots. I love shooting with vintage glass. My most recent toy is a vintage Zeiss Planar T* 1.7/50mm. Really quite a beautiful lens, and very sharp when you nail focus.

I share your enthusiasm, an enthusiasm I wouldn't have if mirrorless cameras hadn't made vintage lenses so easy to use; that's probably the chief appeal to me of the Sony a7 line - not the resolution, not the dynamic range, but the fact that they're so far the only FF mirrorless option.

I probably have too many c. 50mm lenses already, but you certainly make this one look appealing - then again, I suspect you could make any lens look good.... I love the colors (among other things) in this photo.

The color rendition is a true strength of the lens. It also has a very nice 3D quality. I've taken to using it for my video reviews because I don't have a lot of time to spend on color grading. It looks good out of the camera.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Indoor sports usually needs the best performing gear. I'm currently shooting an ATP250 tennis tournament with gear less than 1/10 of the cost of the price of the usual gear around.
The usual gear that it's being used is 1D X II with 70-200 2.8 L II + 300 2.8L IS.
I'm using 1D mk IV with old 200 2.8L (with some fungus inside).

Example crops from JPEG, only contrast added.

AE8E5451_.jpg

AE8E5442_.jpg

AE8E5325_.jpg

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
noncho said:
Indoor sports usually needs the best performing gear. I'm currently shooting an ATP250 tennis tournament with gear less than 1/10 of the cost of the price of the usual gear around.
The usual gear that it's being used is 1D X II with 70-200 2.8 L II + 300 2.8L IS.
I'm using 1D mk IV with old 200 2.8L (with some fungus inside).

Example crops from JPEG, only contrast added.
Quite impressive.

Upvote 0