Macro bodyscapes

These are images that might be desribed as macro bodyscapes. For color images, I can only guess as to how they might be rendered in the post, as I have had varying results with color images, whether using the "Save for Web" option or not (in Photoshop).

No image here is of any "nether region". The file names give information as to the location or nature of the photographed spaces.

Attachments

• 196bw-lower torso, ventral.jpg
    196bw-lower torso, ventral.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 200-neck.jpg
    200-neck.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 1,945
  • 252-spine at about S2.jpg
    252-spine at about S2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 258-spine at L4.jpg
    258-spine at L4.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 931
  • 273, right arm above right side.jpg
    273, right arm above right side.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 949
Phoenix7,

Thank you for your thoughts on the images. For the 258-spine shot, the image was rotated 45 degrees counter-clockwise (CCW) from its original orientation. Is the initial orientation what you imagined as a desertscape? I'd considered that look, as well as rendering the shot in black and white and in high contrast. In the end, though, I went for a 45-degree CCW rotation to present a defamiliarized image. When I've not told others that the image is of the small of a person's back, they have not discerned what it is.

For less non-representational views of the macro bodyscape photographs I did, you can view two eye photos in
the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM thread here:

www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=1195.msg415675#msg415675

(If the link is incorrect, my eye photos are on the 23rd page.)

Again, thank you for your thoughts.

Upvote 0