Maybe we have already talked about the Cinema EOS C5, when it was the Cinema EOS C50?

Sep 3, 2018
For the sole reason that Canon opted to not put Clog2 on the R5 and even more weirdly the R5C tells me there has to be something like this in the pipeline. Using the same sensor (or an updated version of it with QPAF or DGO) in a more traditional form factor with more robust cinema I/O will put it head to head with the current darlings of the sub £10K cameras from RED and Sony.

Canon can’t be that pig headed to recognise so many more people are buying cameras in the price range of the FX6 rather than the C300. Just look anywhere and it’s impossible to find Komodo’s or FX6’s in stock and while the chip problems obviously play a big part of this, R5’s, C70’s and C300 MKIII’s can be picked up easily.

Come on Canon, stop protecting your upper tier cameras that only sell a few thousand a year and give us a camera we all want and can afford to buy.

Upvote 0

Joel C

EOS R6, EOS R, EOS RP
CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Tacoma, WA
For the sole reason that Canon opted to not put Clog2 on the R5 and even more weirdly the R5C tells me there has to be something like this in the pipeline. Using the same sensor (or an updated version of it with QPAF or DGO) in a more traditional form factor with more robust cinema I/O will put it head to head with the current darlings of the sub £10K cameras from RED and Sony.

Canon can’t be that pig headed to recognise so many more people are buying cameras in the price range of the FX6 rather than the C300. Just look anywhere and it’s impossible to find Komodo’s or FX6’s in stock and while the chip problems obviously play a big part of this, R5’s, C70’s and C300 MKIII’s can be picked up easily.

Come on Canon, stop protecting your upper tier cameras that only sell a few thousand a year and give us a camera we all want and can afford to buy.
This was really my take on the situation. I was really looking forward to a box style small cinema camera that I could operate simply and follow basic format that would cover most of what I need. (R5C was likely to be that candidate, but, without weather sealing, and a 5k$ price tag doesn't make it feasible) I really didn't want to consider switching to sony, but, that may happen if this is the best that canon can do video wise for the middle users.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
This was really my take on the situation. I was really looking forward to a box style small cinema camera that I could operate simply and follow basic format that would cover most of what I need. (R5C was likely to be that candidate, but, without weather sealing, and a 5k$ price tag doesn't make it feasible) I really didn't want to consider switching to sony, but, that may happen if this is the best that canon can do video wise for the middle users.
I keep looking at the FX6, especially with its new 2.0 FW update with total bemusement why Canon are giving this segment of the market as miss.

Just look at ProAV TV's look at the R5C to see how great this sensor is and shows Canon has the means to produce an FX6 contender but fear their enthusiasm in jeopardising the upper more expensive models.

If the C50(?) ever does materialise, I'd expect it to be £1K+ more than the Sony's £5K price tag for sure.

Upvote 0

Joel C

EOS R6, EOS R, EOS RP
CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Tacoma, WA
I keep looking at the FX6, especially with its new 2.0 FW update with total bemusement why Canon are giving this segment of the market as miss.

Just look at ProAV TV's look at the R5C to see how great this sensor is and shows Canon has the means to produce an FX6 contender but fear their enthusiasm in jeopardising the upper more expensive models.

If the C50(?) ever does materialise, I'd expect it to be £1K+ more than the Sony's £5K price tag for sure.
Let's be honest here for a second. They don't have anything that really competes with the FX3 or even the a7siii for video. Which is a serious bummer, and they are more than capable to be competing. I don't know why they are so beholden to 8k video and the cost there in.

Upvote 0