Milky Way

Hi All,
I have followed Canon Rumors for ~6yrs now, but never really posted any pictures officially in the forum. The pictures posted here are really amazing and I always felt my were no where close to the caliber. Anyways, here is officially my first one...I welcome any critiques. I hope you enjoy it.

Tlau74

Attachments

• 2017-07_Milky Way Joshua Tree .jpg
    2017-07_Milky Way Joshua Tree .jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
TLau74 said:
Hi All,
I have followed Canon Rumors for ~6yrs now, but never really posted any pictures officially in the forum. The pictures posted here are really amazing and I always felt my were no where close to the caliber. Anyways, here is officially my first one...I welcome any critiques. I hope you enjoy it.

Tlau74
Lovely shot! Where did you shoot it?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
TLau74 said:
Hi All,

Tlau74

This is a beautiful shot. Keep posting.

Upvote 0
rpt said:
TLau74 said:
Hi All,

Tlau74
Lovely shot! Where did you shoot it?

Thanks for the kind words. It was shot in Joshua Tree National Park near the Yucca Valley (North West) park entrance.

Upvote 0
Cyclops Skull Arch at Alabama Hills, California
5D Mark IV, Sigma 14mm f1.8 Art 13 sec., f1.8, ISO 4000
This was the most challenging subject I have light painted so far.
One light inside the "skull", one to the left of frame, and one at the cameras position.

Cyclops Arch & Milky Way 4697b © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
KeithBreazeal said:
One light inside the "skull", one to the left of frame, and one at the cameras position.

Excellent shot! Well done, Keith.

Upvote 0
Click said:
KeithBreazeal said:

Excellent shot! Well done, Keith.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Kieth.
Very nicely done, nice balance of the light.
When you say light painting, I'm guessing from the description of one inside the skull etc you are doing it with flashes and not a flashlight shone here and there during the exposure?

Cheers, Graham.

KeithBreazeal said:

Upvote 0
Click said:
basketballfreak6 said:
Canon 5D4 + Sigma 14mm 1.8

Lovely shot. Nicely done, Tony.

thanks mate :D

Valvebounce said:
Hi Tony.
Very cool shot, nicely done. Please tell me you planned and tested and revised the plan to get this shot of the Milky Way pouring out of the Glass House Mountains?

Cheers, Graham.

basketballfreak6 said:
Canon 5D4 + Sigma 14mm 1.8

haha Graham if i am being honest we only started looking at google map trying to locate a decent vantage point on the actual day and ended up looking for a different spot on the night in the dark...it just ended up working out that way lol

at one stage we almost thought we weren't going to get anything coz unexpected clouds came rolling in (said clouds ruined our shot of the ISS passing through the moon as well :( )

Upvote 0