Milky Way

Upvote 0
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
For those that would like to shoot at Bodie, be patient with all the people walking through your shot. At night, it is chaos with all the stray light from flashlight and car lights.
Bodie offers the "Ghost Walk" a couple times a year and the park stays open until 10 pm. That is when I go there to shoot. The time window for shooting the night sky is very narrow before the park closes- maybe 30 minutes.
Go to the park to shoot all day and plan you night shoot location then.

Thumbnails as an example of the light chaos.

Bodie Milky Way thumbnails- light chaos © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Kieth.
I really like the main shot you have of Bodie and the Milky Way.
With the thumbnails, is the bright red one someone light painting with a red light source, or just reflecting some super bright brake and tail lights from a car?
Although most of the light is a nuisance especially for getting the night sky, a couple of those look like they have given a reasonable result! :)

Cheers, Graham.

KeithBreazeal said:
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
For those that would like to shoot at Bodie, be patient with all the people walking through your shot. At night, it is chaos with all the stray light from flashlight and car lights.
Bodie offers the "Ghost Walk" a couple times a year and the park stays open until 10 pm. That is when I go there to shoot. The time window for shooting the night sky is very narrow before the park closes- maybe 30 minutes.
Go to the park to shoot all day and plan you night shoot location then.

Thumbnails as an example of the light chaos.

Bodie Milky Way thumbnails- light chaos © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Milky Way and the Trees by Tony, on Flickr

something different to what i normally do, a composite with MW and foreground taken couple nights apart and with different focal lengths (but from the same Western Australia road trip that i was just on), mainly because i loved the dead trees in the salt lake when we went through it in WA but was bummed that i wasn't able to get a good MW attempt due to timing/bad weather (and not sure if i'll get to visit WA again anytime soon :'( ), so decided to have a little fun and get (pretend) a little artsy :p

Upvote 0
basketballfreak6 said:
something different to what i normally do, a composite with MW and foreground taken couple nights apart and with different focal lengths (but from the same Western Australia road trip that i was just on), mainly because i loved the dead trees in the salt lake when we went through it in WA but was bummed that i wasn't able to get a good MW attempt due to timing/bad weather (and not sure if i'll get to visit WA again anytime soon :'( ), so decided to have a little fun and get (pretend) a little artsy :p

I love it! This is probably what it looks closer to the core.

Upvote 0
Click said:
Stunning picture. Well done, Tony.

chrysoberyl said:
basketballfreak6 said:

I love it! This is probably what it looks closer to the core.

thanks guys :D

the core was taken with a 50mm lens

Upvote 0