Miscellaneous Wildlife

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Hi Eric!
I'm not sorry for the Fox photo - any way that Fox doesn't look like a "photo star":).
I'm really sorry for the Black Bears - how it come to have the focus point on the grass in front of the bears? What focus configuration did you use (I believe Alan will translate your answer to Nikon language, I have never used Canon:cautious:). Did you engage all available focus points?! If so, all cameras are tending to focus on the closest object (at least when they acquire the first focus point - if you are shooting continuous/servo in Canon language?). This could be override if there is significantly more contrast object behind of the closest one, or if the closest object is so small (non of this apply to your photo!). I exclude the specific acquisition of the first focus point from some cameras (like "car auto-focus" for example:)). Some differences between the brands appear later -during the tracking...

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
This red squirrel jumped into my field of view while I was watching a woodpecker up in the trees.
It was as fast and vivid as every squirrel. But at home I noticed his big handicap.
View attachment 202550

R5 and RF 100-400 @ f/8, Iso 8000, 1/4000s. DxO pureRAW
Nice shot, Nemorino. I always appreciate these serendipitous captures! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0