More Canon announcements coming in 2020

Jan 29, 2011
You'd have to follow the discussion.

He was claiming that the cameras were so bad they were being returned in droves and retailer's had scads of used R5s for sale. Models that would have to legally be listed as 'used' at say - B&H for example - that was the cite he was referencing.

I asked him for a link to one. I'm still waiting.

This was right after he spouted some crap with an EOS HD reference..

His quote:

" Moves like this will see canon going out of business. When the R5 was released it was a “number one” seller on BH websites... after the cripple debacle it’s since been reduced to just “top seller” status. Do knew what took its place? The Sony A7S3. There are already used models of the R5 in stock. This is harming Canon. "
You are missing my point. If you buy one and use it a bit and hate it you have a choice, return it for your money back and a black mark on your retailer account, or sell it for a big profit. Given those choices why would anybody return it to their retailer?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
AND the camera should not require a long recovery time before you can shoot stills (if that is a problem).

It's not a problem. If you get the overheat warning you can switch to stills and shoot all day. You can even do some of the other video modes, again, all day.

Apparently shooting stills and those other video modes (that are clearly too passe to matter to the complainers) does bring the camera up in temperature but not enough to cross whatever the overheat threshold. So doing those and then switching to video means you now have a warm camera, not a cool camera, and those hotter modes will trigger the warning sooner because of the head start. THAT is the complaint--stills shooting reduces the video time in the hot modes, not the other way around.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
You are missing my point. If you buy one and use it a bit and hate it you have a choice, return it for your money back and a black mark on your retailer account, or sell it for a big profit. Given those choices why would anybody return it to their retailer?

I get that.

I'm just asking Mr. Bounce to back up his claim. Simple enough if it's true.

He is a purveyor of all things EOS HD however, so I think I'll see pigs fly first.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Well, it appears that B&H are shipping them out as fast as they get them, first come first server....try one there maybe?

B&H R5 Canon camera for sale

HTH,

cayenne

I'm in Canada, altough I do buy quite a bit from B&H, a camera I will not, for starters its costing me about $200 more if I buy from the states, and secondly not sure if this is still the case but in the past Canon has not put "north america" warranty on their products but either US or Canada warranty, so if I buy from the states I am not sure Canon Canada would warranty any repairs. So for these reasons I am waiting to buy at a Canadian store.

Upvote 0