More talk about the Canon Cinema EOS C50

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It’s expected that Canon will officially announce the first RF mount Cinema EOS camera, the Cinema EOS C70. Some of its specifications have leaked, along with an exclusive first look at the unique camera design.
I have been told that the Canon Cinema EOS C50 may also make an appearance at Canon Vision next week in the form of a development announcement. The Cinema EOS C50 will be the entry-level Cinema EOS camera, it will sport an RF mount and it will have an “extremely small form-factor” I have been told.
The Cinema EOS C50 will sport the same sensor as the Cinema EOS C200, which is Super35.
I am told that the original plan was to announce the Cinema EOS C50 and Cinema EOS C70 at the same time, but that plan may have changed over the last couple of months.
Don’t forget...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Aug 26, 2015
Upvote 0

Twinix

C100 III + R6?
May 6, 2020
Norway
Upvote 0

telemaque

Before Sunset
CR Pro
Nov 30, 2019
I am quite impatient to listen to Canon's message on the 24th of September.
I must confess being quite lost with a C70 name that would be priced above 6000 $ ?

Again this would be a bizarre marketing price positionning given the C line structure...
C70 price should be "below" C100 or in the same level.

Now this announcement of a C50 creates even more surprise.
Using the C200 sensor... OK, well this is quite interesting.

Question to the community: All footages I could see on Internet using the C200 are kind of yellowish/greenish compared to the classical color science of Canon. The first time I had seen such footages, I thought the camera was a Panasonic one.

Do videographers have had the same impression using their C200?

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am quite impatient to listen to Canon's message on the 24th of September.
I must confess being quite lost with a C70 name that would be priced above 6000 $ ?

Again this would be a bizarre marketing price positionning given the C line structure...
C70 price should be "below" C100 or in the small level.

Now this announcement of a C50 creates even more surprise.
Using the C200 sensor... OK, well this is quite interesting.

Question to the community: All footages I could see on Internet using the C200 are kind of yellowish/greenish compared to the classical color science of Canon. The first time I had seen such footages, I thought the camera was a Panasonic one.

Do videographers have had the same impression using their C200?

Thanks for the feedback.

No green cast on my c200 footage tho I mostly use Raw - Clog 3.
I’m hoping the C50 makes a little brother to my C200 and wishing for the C50 to have just as good audio inputs.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0