Mountain morning

Dec 17, 2013
Took a brief walk this morning and took a few shots. Cold out! -27C.

Shot with the 6D and 70-200/4 with a Cokin grad.

IMG_0272-L.jpg

IMG_0275-L.jpg

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mr Canuck.
Nice shots, 1st one looks like a lovely place, do you have to go far to find this? The one I prefer is the 2nd one, don't lean on the end of the barn, looks like I wouldn't take much to cause it to collapse! It's a beautiful shot of farming heritage, doesn't look like it will still exist in the future. Which grad(s) were you using please? Same one in both shots?

We lost two bits of our coastal history in storms this week, wish I had put more effort in to the pics I took of one of them last summer, but I thought I would go back in more favourable light!

Edit
By the way, cold out is I need a jumper it's 6c out, that is b@&:;@y freezing when you need survival gear!

Cheers Graham.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2013
This is about five minutes from my house between Kimberley and Cranbrook, BC. Near where I drop the kids off at the school bus. This is unusually cold. Fortunately, we get none of the wind here at these temps that I got growing up on the prairies!

It's just an ND grad filter. I did some extra saturation of the colour as a subjective touch. I think that a smoke or orange grad would have been nice but don't have one.

Here's the same barn in the summertime...

_IGP5708-M.jpg

Valvebounce said:
Hi Mr Canuck.
Nice shots, 1st one looks like a lovely place, do you have to go far to find this? The one I prefer is the 2nd one, don't lean on the end of the barn, looks like I wouldn't take much to cause it to collapse! It's a beautiful shot of farming heritage, doesn't look like it will still exist in the future. Which grad(s) were you using please? Same one in both shots?

We lost two bits of our coastal history in storms this week, wish I had put more effort in to the pics I took of one of them last summer, but I thought I would go back in more favourable light!

Edit
By the way, cold out is I need a jumper it's 6c out, that is b@&:;@y freezing when you need survival gear!

Cheers Graham.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Thanks for the info, and wow, how different it looks in summer, snow really changes the perspective.

Cheers Graham.

Mr_Canuck said:
This is about five minutes from my house between Kimberley and Cranbrook, BC. Near where I drop the kids off at the school bus. This is unusually cold. Fortunately, we get none of the wind here at these temps that I got growing up on the prairies!

It's just an ND grad filter. I did some extra saturation of the colour as a subjective touch. I think that a smoke or orange grad would have been nice but don't have one.

Here's the same barn in the summertime...

_IGP5708-M.jpg

Upvote 0