Mountains, Lakes and Rivers

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Al Chemist said:
Thank you all very much for sharing your pictures of the world...inspiring all!

My wife and I went on a trek in the Dolomites in 2011, before I owned any camera other than a Canon Powershot 990. We were 71 and the hikes were daunting enough even with that tiny camera although I would love to go back with the equipment I now have. The Alps are so beautiful!

Beautiful pictures. Nicely done.

Upvote 0
KeithBreazeal said:
Yosemite by moonlight- with some bonus features.

Pereids meteorite Over Moonlit Yosemite Half Dome © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Another great image of Sierra Nevada (I've been in Yosemite quite a few time, but have not had a chance to visit Glacier and Mirror Lake). Are you planning to go for Fall color in this Oct Keith? I am planning to go for the second year of Fall landscape. This time, I am trying to slow down a little bit, and stay longer instead of running around like a duck in the first year... LOL...

Upvote 0
ishdakuteb said:
KeithBreazeal said:

Another great image of Sierra Nevada (I've been in Yosemite quite a few time, but have not had a chance to visit Glacier and Mirror Lake). Are you planning to go for Fall color in this Oct Keith? I am planning to go for the second year of Fall landscape. This time, I am trying to slow down a little bit, and stay longer instead of running around like a duck in the first year... LOL...

I will be watching/reading the fall colors report. The drought may severely limit the quality of the changes. Last year was marginal.

This is the Eastern Sierra by Mono Lake and taken in 2013. Since then, it's not as colorful for long. The leaves are really dry.

Aspens June Lake Loop 20 Oct 2013 3369 © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0
KeithBreazeal said:
ishdakuteb said:
KeithBreazeal said:

I will be watching/reading the fall colors report. The drought may severely limit the quality of the changes. Last year was marginal.

This is the Eastern Sierra by Mono Lake and taken in 2013. Since then, it's not as colorful for long. The leaves are really dry.

Keith, thanks for sharing the nice photo of Fall color and the suggestion. I am not sure about this year, but the areas seem to have little more rains comparing to the previous year. I do hope that I can earn more experiences of capturing Fall color in this year. If the area is not going to show enough color, then I will switch my destination to Yosemite via Tioga Pass.

I am living and working (week days, not weekend) not really too far from the areas (about less than three hours drive), so getting to the area does not require much of plans though, just stay back in the working area and get there in any time when I am getting bored during weekend :)

Below is the one of those images that I captured last Fall in South Lake area:

Attachments

• _NG_0553-copy.jpg
    _NG_0553-copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 159
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ishdakuteb
I really like this shot, I think shots like this need something other than trees. The house, particularly in the battleship grey colour scheme, really adds balance to the scene.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

ishdakuteb said:
Keith, thanks for sharing the nice photo of Fall color and the suggestion. I am not sure about this year, but the areas seem to have little more rains comparing to the previous year. I do hope that I can earn more experiences of capturing Fall color in this year. If the area is not going to show enough color, then I will switch my destination to Yosemite via Tioga Pass.

I am living and working (week days, not weekend) not really too far from the areas (about less than three hours drive), so getting to the area does not require much of plans though, just stay back in the working area and get there in any time when I am getting bored during weekend :)

Upvote 0
ishdakuteb said:
KeithBreazeal said:
ishdakuteb said:
KeithBreazeal said:

Beautiful shot! Great colours and composition. :)

Upvote 0