new EdMika FD 55mm 1.2 Aspherical EOS kit finally ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2011
R

random1283

Hi Ed,
Those pics make me very jealous of your aspherical, one of your kits is in the post to me at the moment for my regular 55mm S.S.C looking forward to it.

Either way I was going to ask if you think it would be do-able to paint the brass exterior of your adapter, obviously not on the mount due to wear. I thought maybe regular sand-prime-paint would work?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2011
Yes you could paint the brass, I tried painting a flat non-reflective black most of one adapter's surfaces and tested it in high direct light shooting situations and could not find any measurable difference in pictures from a standard unpainted one. Brass also naturally becomes less shiny within a few months that helps reduce internal reflections. The aspherical kit I just launched at least has much of the brass shielded by the flat black Delrin material EdTraveller.

I finally made a quick youtube video showing the conversion process needed for the Aspherical FD 55 1.2, forgive the sensor dust, hit and miss focus and really loud birds, one day I'll get around to remaking all these properly and professionally.

EdMika FD 55mm 1.2 Aspherical Conversion kit instructions

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.