News Flash: Good news for some, bad news for others

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://nokishita-camera.com

canon_10.jpg

Nokoshita screwed up with this - look at the flash hotshoe, they're not to scale at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2018
Have you considered that (just like the M and the Rebels + 80D + 7D2) that there is a market for both small bodies and larger bodies?

Think back to when the M was released.... How many of you were jumping up and down screaming that it was the end of EF-S? This is no different..... Canon comes out with an "R" that has a small form factor and some wideish and more compact lenses to go with it.... and the cameras like the 6D, 5D, and 1D series continue on as before.... and in the future, one may see a native EF mount mirrorless. The market is big enough for more than one model :)

True and it is also true that EF-M is the end of EF-S ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Nokoshita screwed up with this - look at the flash hotshoe, they're not to scale at all.
I thought it looked too small.

Is it just me or is the silver protuberance behind the lens just strange? Seems like they might have stripped away some of the front body (to save weight or allow more finger grip space?).

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com

Is it just me or is the silver protuberance behind the lens just strange? Seems like they might have stripped away some of the front body (to save weight or allow more finger grip space?).

It's either just a design thing or it's to help with heat dissipation. Or both :)

Upvote 0
Really?....So the Sexy solution described to admin by a "source" was...an adapter... like everybody else. Seriously? I suppose only admin himself knows this person, but defining a standard adapter approach as... sexy is pretty damn weird...

Granted there is no product yet and the curtain hasn't lifted, but if all pans out as described, ...canon would be then supporting 3 mounts, two of which will need a lot of lenses going forward and are relatively immature, plus the legacy EF which I assume will continue to see some action...Compare that to just 2 mounts for Nikon, one F for legacy, plus Z, and one for Sony, who is all in the E.

That lens division is going to be busy and IMO sony is throwing a party. They dodged a bullet twice this month.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sibir Lupus

EOS M6 Mark II + EOS M200
Feb 4, 2015

The EOS M and EOS M2 have a dark silver tube similar to what is on the EOS R, but it's shorter on the M & M2 bodies.

Upvote 0