Nikon D600

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2011
nitsujwalker said:
Nikon's pushing hard. Gotta love competition! Now if they could only deliver their products :) I look around quite a bit on NR and there are quite a few people upset about not receiving d800s yet.
Just like many are upset about still not receiving their 1DX which has been on preorder since since fall 2011? ::) Latest info says that it has been pushed back (again) to june. Perhaps even longer.

By the way, I think the only reason to why there are so many 5D3's in stock is because most 5D2 owners has decided to keep their camera.

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'm curious, maybe I missed it, but where is the link to a rumor for a Canon low cost FF body.

I don't know if there were any rumours, but certainly people here were calling for a nice cheap entry-level FF (and at the time I jokingly said "crappy AF, low fps, rip out features like in-built flash to make it cheaper, and you've got a 5Dmk2".
Seems I was right when Canon announced the 5D3 and said that the 5D2 would drop in price to be their "entry level" dslr (that's still 2nd-most expensive currently-available camera they make).

Nikon can't just do that to their D700, too much of a gap from 12-36MP, but more importantly they can't sell it in Japan for whatever battery-related reason. I don't see why they can't just redesign the D700 with a new battery and call it the D701 or whatever, I haven't read that link so maybe that's what they're doing (or are they going to bollocks the features to worse than D700 standard?)

Upvote 0

Old Shooter

Never met a gadget I didn't like!
Oct 1, 2011
Ontario, California
Ricku said:
nitsujwalker said:
Nikon's pushing hard. Gotta love competition! Now if they could only deliver their products :) I look around quite a bit on NR and there are quite a few people upset about not receiving d800s yet.
By the way, I think the only reason to why there are so many 5D3's in stock is because most 5D2 owners has decided to keep their camera.

In stock? Where? My order with B&H is back-ordered, and they are still trying to fill orders from March from what I hear...

Upvote 0

Bruce Photography

Landscapes, 5DX,7D,60D,EOSM,D800/E,D810,D7100
Feb 15, 2011
Fort Bragg, CA
While I'm waiting for the D800 to arrive from somebody, I did get the Canon 5d3 from Adorama fairly quickly (less than a month). Perhaps being overpriced has some advantage. Now if they could just figure out how to get the vertical grip delivered (I hear this Month?).

Actually the only reason I bought the 5D3 was that I was really waiting for what I call the 2DX. A full frame camera with 44 mpx, 2 digilogic 6 processors, USB 3, uncompressed HDMI out for digital recorders and field monitors, 1D style with the vertical grip built-in for around $4,500 (maybe $5,000). I think 6 fps is sufficient and of course the 1dX autofocus that the 5d3 already has.

I guess they could call it the 4DX. I at first thought it would be called the 3DX but then I realized that calling anything as the 3D anything might be misleading.... Unless they actually build a .....

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
briansquibb said:
dr croubie said:
Seems I was right when Canon announced the 5D3 and said that the 5D2 would drop in price to be their "entry level" dslr (that's still 2nd-most expensive currently-available camera they make).

Third most expensive

- 1D4
- 5DIII
- 5DII

Just a minor point

1D4 is still available?
*buys*

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'm curious, maybe I missed it, but where is the link to a rumor for a Canon low cost FF body.

I do recall reading a rumor regarding a late summer/Photokinaish announcement of an entry level FF from Canon. If I am not mistaken, it was just a line under one of the 5d MkIII news... I have not been able to locate the link though. Maybe CR can help?

Cheers!

Edit: I was mistaken - here it is:
http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/03/mirrorless-camera-new-full-frame-coming-second-half-2012-cr2/

Upvote 0

JR

Sep 22, 2011
Canada
Ricku said:
I am seeing a huge opportunity for Nikon's entry FF.

They could make their D600 with the same specs as the 5D3. It would steal minimal sales from the D800, but a whole lot of sales from Canon.

Well that would certainly soice things up a bit. Or even use their 'old' 24MP sensor from the D3x!!! I think they will give Canon a run for their money...

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
Bruce Photography said:
Actually the only reason I bought the 5D3 was that I was really waiting for what I call the 2DX. A full frame camera with 44 mpx, 2 digilogic 6 processors, USB 3, uncompressed HDMI out for digital recorders and field monitors, 1D style with the vertical grip built-in for around $4,500 (maybe $5,000). I think 6 fps is sufficient and of course the 1dX autofocus that the 5d3 already has.

I guess they could call it the 4DX. I at first thought it would be called the 3DX but then I realized that calling anything as the 3D anything might be misleading.... Unless they actually build a .....

Calling it the 10000X would be more appropriate given the price point a camera with those specs would likely come in at.

Upvote 0
interesting. it sounds exactly the kind of thing Nikon would do. An affordable full frame when canon just made theirs 1K more expensive is a very very good strategy. specially if they crank the fps to 5-6, keep it to 16-24 MP and priced around 2K.

The Nikon full frame lineup looks could look like this:

D600 (low end, $2K, ~20MP 6fps)
D800 (mid end, $3k, 36.3MP 4fps)
D4 (high end, $6k, 16MP, 11fps)
D4X (high end, $8K? 52MP, 4fps)* assuming they scale up the 24MP D3200 sensor. The D800 has a scaled up D7000 sensor.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
dilbert said:
Old Shooter said:
Ricku said:
nitsujwalker said:

In stock? Where? My order with B&H is back-ordered, and they are still trying to fill orders from March from what I hear...

Canon can't ship all 5D3s to B&H.

Maybe you should try finding a store that has them rather than relying on B&H.

Here is a list of In Stock Stores!

http://www.nowinstock.net/digitalcameras/canon/5dmarkiii/

Oh Darn, no body has them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.