Hi, what do you think of an open petition towards Canon to add camera features to R5/6 like the pre release capture function, and variable burst shooting speeds for the silent mode/electronic shutter, and last but not lease add the function to simply play optional click sounds when taking photos without the mechanic shutter.

I mean, to me these all doing sound like too difficult features to be implemented and would help out tremendously in certain cases and increase the value of these beautiful and capable cameras...

What do you think? And who’s with me?!

I beg to differ. At least, the optional shutter sound is nothing fancy or complicated, and having more than just one burst speed isn’t like asking too much either.

And didn’t the original R have the option also to choose which burst speed one has in electronic shutter mode?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
It’s not can they, it’s will they.

Granted, features do occasionally get added via firmware. Not too often, though.

My reaction was mainly the method. I suggest rather than posting here, you call Canon and ask for the feature(s) you want. Particularly if you’re a CPS member. A wishlist posted here won’t help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2012
Hi, what do you think of an open petition towards Canon to add camera features to R5/6 like the pre release capture function, and variable burst shooting speeds for the silent mode/electronic shutter, and last but not lease add the function to simply play optional click sounds when taking photos without the mechanic shutter.

I mean, to me these all doing sound like too difficult features to be implemented and would help out tremendously in certain cases and increase the value of these beautiful and capable cameras...

What do you think? And who’s with me?!
I'm with you, but I think it's very hard , if not impossible, to get any idea through to the developers in Japan. I'm just posting my ideas in several places in the hope it might be seen by someone with some influence..

Upvote 0