Patent: Canon XC Style Camera With Interchangeable Lenses

tyger11 said:
I remember reading about a Canon sensor patent that sounded nice, and it was for a 1.5" sensor. Combine that with an EF-M mount and possible adapter, and you might have something pretty nice, if they are willing to finally put DPAF and non-crippled 4K into a non-Cxxx line camera. If they put Blackmagic P4K ability into a camera with Canon's AF, they would have a major winner on their hands at a much higher price than the P4K.

With a 1.5-inch sensor (something Canon dabbled with for the G1X Mark II), this thing would be pretty damn cool.

Upvote 0
cpreston said:
I don't think you could damage a sensor with just the sun unless you pointed an extremely large telephoto lens at the sun. You could probably burn the sensor with an open focal length reducer, though. At least that is my guess.
I remember an article from about five years ago about someone who either used a point and shoot to do a timelapse or a DSLR in video mode filming a sunset and was rewarded with a nice black line down the middle of his photos afterwards.

Upvote 0
justawriter said:
I remember an article from about five years ago about someone who either used a point and shoot to do a timelapse or a DSLR in video mode filming a sunset and was rewarded with a nice black line down the middle of his photos afterwards.

This safes you time ruining your sensor 8)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzyKLoEDb64
(It almost hurts)

B.

Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2014
The patent is about the converter, not the camera. Part of what is required to get a patent is reducing to practice, meaning that you have to make a working example of whatever it is that you are trying to patent. For that they would use whatever suitable test bed systems they had available as an example, it does NOT mean that the final product will be using that test bed.

Upvote 0
Uneternal said:
Could this be Canons rumored "sexy solution" for a new mirrorless mount that is able to take EF lenses? An integrated lens that moves to the right position?

I think you are right! It looks like the EF-T mount which is the EF transforming lens mount that takes all EF lenses. EF, EF-S, and EF-M. Its 2018. Cars can drive themselves, and instagram knows where I am headed for dinner before I even leave the house. A Canon camera that can adjust to any of your Canon made EF lens is not out of the question.

Upvote 0