Perseid meteor shower

It's that time of the year again. Anybody else went hunting meteors?

This year I went to a better spot (though still not really dark skies), and stayed longer, so I saw a lot more than last year. I'm still processing most of the pictures (I now officially hate airplanes ...) but here's a first composite.

Pfäffikersee, Switzerland.
Canon 6D, Zeiss 21mm, 15s f/2.8 ISO 2500.
8 exposures composited.

Attachments

• stack1composite-E-sW.jpg
    stack1composite-E-sW.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
In Michigan we had rain until Saturday night, once the clouds cleared I had to deal with a 62% moon that just didn't want to set, I finally left the beach at 2:35 am. I saw quite a few but not very visible because of the moon, this one was the brightest.
Little Sable Point Lighthouse on Lake Michigan.

I also shot a timelapse, I hope videos are allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBcC8zclujM

Attachments

• Burner 2.jpg
    Burner 2.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
d4mike said:
In Michigan we had rain until Saturday night, once the clouds cleared I had to deal with a 62% moon that just didn't want to set, I finally left the beach at 2:35 am. I saw quite a few but not very visible because of the moon, this one was the brightest.
Little Sable Point Lighthouse on Lake Michigan.

I also shot a timelapse, I hope videos are allowed.

Very nice picture, Mike.

Well done with the timelapse.

Upvote 0
To all,

I'm a little late in posting these images; nevertheless, I worked really hard on them and feel they are worth posting for others to see. These four composite images were taken with various cameras and lenses. Overall, I took over 20,000 images over three days using six cameras. I was lucky enough to experience the outburst the night of August 11th. It was an awesome show. It's too bad the Moon interfered so much.

Thanks for looking,

Wade

Attachments

• perseids_zeiss_28mm_aurora_pano_composite2.jpg
    perseids_zeiss_28mm_aurora_pano_composite2.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 197
  • perseids_zeiss_55mm_composite.jpg
    perseids_zeiss_55mm_composite.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 186
  • perseids_5d2_canon_35mm_composite.jpg
    perseids_5d2_canon_35mm_composite.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 184
  • perseids_6d_canon_35mm_composite.jpg
    perseids_6d_canon_35mm_composite.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0
wearle said:
To all,

I'm a little late in posting these images; nevertheless, I worked really hard on them and feel they are worth posting for others to see. These four composite images were taken with various cameras and lenses. Overall, I took over 20,000 images over three days using six cameras. I was lucky enough to experience the outburst the night of August 11th. It was an awesome show. It's too bad the Moon interfered so much.

Thanks for looking,

Wade

Thank you for posting! Really nicely done!

Upvote 0
wearle said:
To all,

Thanks for looking,

Wade

Fantastic images, as usual !
Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0