Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Don Haines said:
wellfedCanuck said:
it WAS a great day... :mad:
I assume that since you posted the picture that you are OK..... Hope you get the sled out.....
Yeah, thanks. I was off the machine taking photos when my friend put it through. Bad communication on my part- I knew there was a dock under the snow and assumed that he did, too. (The ice in the vicinity of any wooden structure is never good.) He didn't.

The only reason it didn't go completely through and tumble down an underwater slope into a fifty-foot gully was that the handlebars caught on the edge of the dock while the right ski held on good ice. It took 6 of us and a lot of gear to get it out the next day. The track was frozen solid but luckily the engine did not ingest any water. The second part of the adventure was towing a frozen-up machine 7KM across the ice and up a hill back to a truck and trailer.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi.
I hope that nothing was hurt besides the of ego of the rider, great that you have friends that you can rely on to help in recovery work like this! I guess your freind just learned a valuable lesson for little cost, hope there were a couple of six packs of your prefered beverage! ;D

Cheers Graham.

wellfedCanuck said:

Upvote 0
wellfedCanuck said:
Don Haines said:
wellfedCanuck said:
I assume that since you posted the picture that you are OK..... Hope you get the sled out.....
Yeah, thanks. I was off the machine taking photos when my friend put it through. Bad communication on my part- I knew there was a dock under the snow and assumed that he did, too. (The ice in the vicinity of any wooden structure is never good.) He didn't.

The only reason it didn't go completely through and tumble down an underwater slope into a fifty-foot gully was that the handlebars caught on the edge of the dock while the right ski held on good ice. It took 6 of us and a lot of gear to get it out the next day. The track was frozen solid but luckily the engine did not ingest any water. The second part of the adventure was towing a frozen-up machine 7KM across the ice and up a hill back to a truck and trailer.

Nice to see you posting again, Canuck!

Upvote 0
CarlTN said:
wellfedCanuck said:
Don Haines said:
wellfedCanuck said:

Nice to see you posting again, Canuck!

Thanks, Carl. I haven't been spending enough time here, lately. ;)

Upvote 0
I really like this one -
readers-snow-deer_2451171b.jpg

Upvote 0