Post photos of other photographers in action

telemaq76 said:
a picture i took in september 2014 in canadian rockies between banff and jasper
this guy was shooting with pentax medium format camera

Cool Photo. I wonder if the guy knows Ansel Adams got off the car before he took the photos? Adams camera on the car pics are sort of famous, and it did get him a more dramatic photo in some cases. But he composed the photo then got off the car because it is an unstable platform when there is a person on it. Ansel used a long shutter release, and as he was shooting landscape...

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
The Young Chap in the frame (Not the Elephant) is Greg DeToit, 2012 Wildlife Photographer of the Year.

This was in Tanzania, 2013, sensibly I shot from behind Greg, but at times during encounter we were on the ground we were surrounded by this herd of Females & youngsters. The Matriarch kept them all calm though, the Matriarch is the one with the large brown dirt smudge on her forehead.

Attachments

• Low Down.jpg
    Low Down.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Ha, the old modular Nikon 1200mm f11, haven't seen one of hem for a long time!

It is interesting how closely Nikon and Canon development has tracked, for years both companies had their super telephoto lenses as modular components. Then the EF 1200 f5.6 (which started as rebodied FD 1200mm with internal slide in 1.4TC's but had the TC removed and AF put in) and Nikon 1200-1700 zoom were the final shots in the focal length arms race.

Upvote 0