Post R3 deliveries in Europe here

It seems that Canon has quite a backlog in serving the EOS R3 to the European market. I think it would be good if we can post information across Europe about deliveries (or lack of it), to understand if/when deliveries are starting to happen.

I'll start out with Denmark: the two pro dealers got a single camera each for the pre-orders on release day (2021-11-26). I just called the dealer where I preordered, and they told me that they have received neither further cameras nor information about when they will get any :(

Reactions: 1 user

mkamelg

EOS R6 Mark II
Feb 1, 2015
Poland
www.flickr.com
It seems to me that with yours Scandinavian earnings it would be profitable for you to fly to Gdansk (one of the Polish Baltic cities), and make a purchase on the spot in one of the stores belonging to our largest Polish photographic chain with the Canon PRO Partner status. Alternatively try to get along with the customer support of this photo chain (I will write right away, that I have no idea if it is possible to communicate with someone there in English), whether they will accept an order with shipment outside of Poland.

https://www.cyfrowe.pl/aparat-cyfrowy-canon-eos-r3-body-p.html (camera)

They probably have two for sale. One is in the main warehouse in Gdansk, and the other in one of the Warsaw stores.

https://www.cyfrowe.pl/zasady-sprzedazy/kontakt.html (forms of contact)

I think the best way to contact them, would be to send them an e-mail.

Upvote 0
It seems to me that with yours Scandinavian earnings it would be profitable for you to fly to Gdansk (one of the Polish Baltic cities), and make a purchase on the spot.

I think the best way to contact them, would be to send them an e-mail.
Thanks for the information. For me, that could be a potential option (the price in Zloty is around 4% lower than the official price here in Denmark. For @morten74, he would have to pay Norwegian VAT on entry, but should be able to get the Polish VAT back, so a bit more complicated situation.

But an email to see if they have anything and would be willing to sell/ship would be a good starting point.

Upvote 0
Some weeks ago, I signed up to the R3 preorder list of the smaller of the two pro dealers here in Denmark, as they said that their preorder list was quite short.

Much to my surprise (and joy) I got a call yesterday from that dealer, saying that they expect to get a number of R3 bodies next week, and I could potentially get one of them. Was I still interested? Hell yeah. They'll only be able confirm it next week when they get the final note.

Checked up with the first dealer, and they said they don't know anything until they actually have the products in their hands. Looks like the smaller dealer wins this time.

Upvote 0
If you're in europe

Interesting, but I'd pass on that even if I didn't have an R3: I'd only save 2.4% vs buying a new camera (47.138 vs 48.295 DKK) with full warranty from a genuine Canon dealer here in Denmark.

Upvote 0