Post your best Europe photos

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
AlanF said:
neuroanatomist said:
AlanF said:
Travelled to Seville for a two-day conference. Took telephoto for birds, of course,

Is Seville a decent birding destination? I was supposed to be at a meeting there currently, but sent one of the people in my department instead. Had I gone, I'd likely have planned for architecture, not birds.

No, but you always live in hope. It's the thrill of the chase. Architecture you can always find, but birds are far more elusive. I have spent so much of my life traipsing around European cities, looking at buildings, going into art galleries and museums that I now go for Nature.

South of Sevilla there is a national park with many birds to spot. I marked this already on my todo list for visiting within the next years.

Have a look at http://www.donanabirdguides.com

Francois

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
Here's a few of mine from last summer. I was in Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. I'm heading back to Italy this upcoming Fall, and I can't wait. Europe is a photographer's paradise.

These were shot on a 1DX2 and 5DsR combo. Both cameras were perfect for the trip and I wouldn't have traded them for anything.

Attachments

• 061A8509-Edit-Edit-Edit-2-Edit.jpg
    061A8509-Edit-Edit-Edit-2-Edit.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 192
  • AJ0I4406-Edit-Edit-Edit-2.jpg
    AJ0I4406-Edit-Edit-Edit-2.jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 061A8155-HDR-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    061A8155-HDR-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 061A6687-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    061A6687-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 061A6613-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    061A6613-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 208
  • 061A6269-Edit-2-Edit-Edit.jpg
    061A6269-Edit-2-Edit-Edit.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 061A6081-Edit.jpg
    061A6081-Edit.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 211
  • AJ0I3590-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    AJ0I3590-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
MrFotoFool said:
@R1-7D those are truly stunning - I mean absolutely gorgeous. Can I ask which village the third photo is? I assume somewhere in Switzerland?

I agree, great stuff R1. You clearly had a tripod and were taking your time to find those nice skies. I believe number 3 is Murren? 4 is Lucerne. It was mostly cloudy when I was in Switzerland.

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
MrFotoFool said:
@R1-7D those are truly stunning - I mean absolutely gorgeous. Can I ask which village the third photo is? I assume somewhere in Switzerland?

Thank you! I really appreciate the nice comment. :) The village in the third photo is Laurterbrunnen, in Switzerland. I actually took that photo from a train. I was on a tour, coming back from Jungfraujoch, and the tour guide gave me access to an empty train car with windows that opened so I could take better photos. I was practically jumping from one side of the car to the other taking pictures of all the sights when our guide yelled at me that something special was coming up. This picture is the result. Unfortunately, I didn’t get chance to spend much time in the village; we had to catch a bus to get back to Zurich. It’s somewhere that I will have to get back to at some point.

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
ethanz said:
MrFotoFool said:

I agree, great stuff R1. You clearly had a tripod and were taking your time to find those nice skies. I believe number 3 is Murren? 4 is Lucerne. It was mostly cloudy when I was in Switzerland.

Thank you, too. Only photo 5 of the Rialto Bridge was taken with the aid of a tripod. All the rest were handheld and on the go. Photo 2 was at the “Top of Europe” during the Jungfraujoch tour. We got incredibly lucky with the weather and sky; people warned us that the tour wouldn’t be worth it because it’s usually so clouded over at the top of the mountain. We lucked out; we could see right down into the valley with the glacier rounding the mountains.

Photo 3 is Laurterbrunnen, which we passed through on our way back to Zurich from the Jungfrau tour.

Photo 4 is indeed Lucerne.

What time of the year were you in Switzerland? We visited at the end of June and had terrific weather; in fact, it was a little too good and we had trouble with the sweltering heat.

Upvote 0