Post your best Europe photos

ethanz said:
I was there at the end of May, so I think the rainy time.

That's just the tail end of spring, so it makes sense. I'll be going the end of October and into mid-November this year, so I'll have to see what the weather is like then. I hope it doesn't rain too much. I'm looking forward to it being the off season and having to deal with fewer fellow travellers.

Upvote 0
I have just returned from my sixth trip to Europe (always great). Here is an early morning shot from Colmar, France.
Canon 5D4 with 16-35 f4L IS at 30mm (on a tripod), f11 and ISO 100.
Main picture (buildings, canal, street) is 1/4 second.
Sky is 1/40 second to get a little color.
Moon is 1/100 second to get a little crater detail.
All combined manually in Photoshop Elements 12, where I also boosted contrast and color in main (buildings) layer.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Historical industrial milieu in Tampere, Finland. Nowadays the waterfront buildings house restaurants, museums, art galleries and other attractions.

80D with Tokina 11-16mm/2.8 at 13mm. 10sec f/11 ISO 100, 30 frames median stacked in Photoshop to smooth out the water. Basic adjustments in Lightroom. The snow illuminated by the warm yellowish lamps could probably use some selective color temp adjustment to make it look more natural.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
MrFotoFool and Sharlin,

Very nice pictures, guys.
smile.png

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
I was very fortunate and got the opportunity to go back to the Cinque Terre in Italy last November. Here's my trilogy of Vernazza, one of the small Cinque Terre villages.

These were taken with my 5DsR.

Attachments

• Vernazza Sunset.jpg
    Vernazza Sunset.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Vernazza Sky on Fire.jpg
    Vernazza Sky on Fire.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Vernazza Blue Hour.jpg
    Vernazza Blue Hour.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
I was very fortunate and got the opportunity to go back to the Cinque Terre in Italy last November. Here's my trilogy of Vernazza, one of the small Cinque Terre villages.

These were taken with my 5DsR.
Great stuff! Do you love the 5DsR? And do you use a 5D4 (or 5D3) as well?

Upvote 0
I just finished working on a photo I took in February in Colmar. It's a waiting room on the platform at the train station. I did some adjustments from the RAW file to even things out and it looked pretty good. Then I opened Nik ColorEfex4 and tried the bleach bypass filter and wow! This is the result. That filter doesn't work with most images (in my experience), but when it does work it completely transforms a photo.

5D4 with 16-35 f4L IS (handheld at ISO 800 with lens at 16mm and f/4).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0