R6 II Anti Flicker with Sports

I have the R6 II and I shoot sports 1/1000 sec. but sometimes under poor lighting I get flicker/banding and I know the camera can detect and adjust the shutter. but it drops to 1/120.8 (example)
Anyone know how I can adjust the antiflicker easily with a higher shutter speed? Calling Canon and Tech does not know. or do I wait for a Global shutter?
I think that's just the nature of artificial lighting and rolling shutter, with fast enough shutter speed Fluorescent light have the switching frequency for 120hz, some lights having 60hz or so, as long as your shutter is faster than the alternate frequency of the lighting, it will have those banding, or even with global shutter, it can get underexposure as a result.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2012
I think there are two issues here (but I could well be wrong). Antiflicker is primarily a response to fluorescent tubes and works reasonably well. LEDS are a different beast and they operate at 50 or 60Hz. When shooting events with LED lighting I try to use a slow shutter speed if possible, although that doesn't really work for sports. Is flash an option?

Upvote 0