RF Lens Supply

Mar 25, 2011
The adapter has been hard to get, but I think there are plenty of lenses. There are a lot of factors that can impact supplies so it might be related to shipping issues. Ask your dealer.

B&H has several lenses backordered, but plenty of them in stock

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
Ordered a Control Ring Mount Adapter from Canon USA on Jan 27 that shipped the next day. Separately ordered a Mount Adapter that was out of stock - it shipped a week later. After the first adapter shipped I went ahead and ordered a R6 from Canon USA that flipped to backorder almost immediately. Shipped a few days later. Within 10 days I had all three.

I like the body size and weight. Similar to the Canon A1 from my film days. It really replaces my 6D which I loaned to my daughter and gives me something to carry between the M6mII and the 1DX2 again. My expected use is existing EF L lenses (100-400L II) with the adapters and the RF800 f/11 which is now backordered from Canon USA. It seems extremely popular compared the the RF600 which is readily available. I also picked up a Refurb 24-240 last week on a lark, arrived today.

Think I'm set for a while. I can wait for the dust to settle on the the new R bodies when they roll out. Will be Interested in the comparisons of the R1 and high resolution bodies. Not going to rush into RF replacement lenses. I'll stick to those that don't replicate my EF collection, like the 800 and 24-240.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0