Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

wanderer23

CR Pro
Feb 8, 2020
Not that it would happen but a multi-line long term collaboration b/w CANON and RED would burn the segment down faster than a dozen R5s in death valley.

i'm on the list for a stormtrooper, and received my r5 on saturday. I don't konw how i'm going to explain this extra one to my wife. i haven't even told her i'm gonna buy the ST yet either....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

wanderer23

CR Pro
Feb 8, 2020
Where do you get on a list?

had to sorta-sign-up a while ago, no idea what the requirements were but was surprised i was slotted one. i think the list is closed since a coupel weeks ago, so now have to wait for the production model. but given alto of people are still waiting fo teh ST gonna guess its not until later this year. probably this RF camera will come along long before.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
How would this camera compare to the current C200?
It's a much newer camera, so a big step up in technology (10-bit internal 4k120p recording to CFExpress cards) and portability (smaller and lighter) but a step down in handling and build (more internal ND, full-size XLR, SDI connection and a bigger battery on the C200)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

wanderer23

CR Pro
Feb 8, 2020
EF-to-RF speed-booster not working on current RF bodies? Bummer; was looking forward to using it on the R5 in crop mode.
yeah i was wondering how they would make it so different that it woudln't work w/ another camera with teh same mount. Maybe has to do with some specific design relevant to the internal ND squeezed into a small area?

Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
All I can say is wow! I just wrote my contact at my local shop to let them know that I am interested in purchasing. For video work this will be an amazing camera. As others have noted this is the first Cine camera that is affordable by my standards. I also really like the fact that is is rumored to use the same batteries as the R5. It will be great to have two separate systems using the same batteries! I just hope that it offers internal RAW recording like the C200.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0