Rumors confirmed: Canon EOS M50 Mark II and a new Speedlite are coming soon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II has been confirmed through Canon product listings for dealers. This camera body has been rumored for quite some time to come in Q4 of 2020, so we should see an announcement soon.
Also appearing is a new Canon Speedlite called the EL-1, we have reported a new flagship Speedlite was coming, and hopefully, this is it. It’s interesting that Canon is now using a new naming scheme for a Speedlite.
Also added to the list are Speedlite accessories named SCF-EL, SBA-EL and LP-EL. I think the LP is going to be a rechargeable battery for the new Speedlite.
More to come…

Continue reading...

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Well that figures....I just bought an M50 a month ago!

For me it was eye opening to finally see an M series in person, when a friend showed up with one to a gathering we had. They are great for 'light' use, but fully featured for 'normal' use as well. If my hands weren't so big and the body so small I could use it all the time. I hope they sell a lot of them.

Excited to see what the spec will be, but probably won't upgrade. The ideas was to get a 'cheap' travel body that would go places I wouldn't take the DSLR. And the M50 fits the bill perfectly.

-Brian

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0

koch1948

EOS-1D X Mark III
Oct 8, 2019
The M50 II is great news IBIS and a better AF system please and that will replace my M5
The EOS M50 Mark II will not necessarily replace the EOS M5. The EOS M5 has a 1.62m-dot 3.2” touchscreen and a 1040 mAh LP-E17 battery whereas the existing EOS M50 only has a 1.04m-dot 3.0” touchscreen and an 875 mAh LP-E12 battery.

Upvote 0