Show your Bird Portraits

Today is my last "day off". Tried to capture something very peaceful and cute (like for start of the New Year!). Nothing else was able to beat the otherwise this very common (here!) hybrid (judging by the parents!) of Mallard and Hawaiian Duck! On other hand they are impossible to ID at that age (at least for me...)
Good luck and a tons of nice photos in 2023!

DSC_1640_DxO-1.jpgDSC_1648_DxO.jpgDSC_1656_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 16 users
Upvote 0
Another marsh tit
@ISv: I have tried to follow your advice. Quite simple - in the shade ;)

View attachment 207019
Yeah -in the shade it's easier:). But that was not my advise (that one is suppose to work in most conditions, I mean that is suppose to control the highlights in most conditions;)). Nice shot anyway!
What a wonderful bird in a wonderful winter environment.
Very well done @danfaz
Well, concerning the winter conditions: I'm shooting in Hawaii. See my post in the "mushrooms" (didn't intend to post it because I was angry for my another fail to find the birds - despite a significant push on my old body on that trail and all the sweat...). That photos are from January 1:)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Yeah -in the shade it's easier:). But that was not my advise (that one is suppose to work in most conditions, I mean that is suppose to control the highlights in most conditions;)). Nice shot anyway!
Of course I had your advice in mind and underexposed by -1/3. And afterwards corrected that for the dark parts in pp.
If it were in sunlight I might have gone -2/3.
I had some tricky shots of a (white) egret against a dark forrest bg in sunlight but haven't pp that yet.
We'll see what I have learned there ;)

Upvote 0
I totally agree with Alan and Maximilian. Beautiful shots.
a025.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Great shots everyone! Been a minute since I got on here due to knee surgery but managed to capture this little Annas Hummingbird hanging out and overwintering here in the Pacific Northwest.

On another note does anyone know of any good spots to go birding in Kauai?

Annas Hummingbird - K1A6351.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0