Show your Bird Portraits

Hello all,

I'm a little bit shy to post something after all the beautiful pictures I have seen on this thread, but I will try anyway. So, here are a few bird potraits of mine. Hope you will like them.

Mandarin Duck by Melanie Markovic's Photography, on Flickr

White Rooster by Melanie Markovic's Photography, on Flickr

Wild Geese by Melanie Markovic's Photography, on Flickr

Bald Eagle by Melanie Markovic's Photography, on Flickr

Duck by Melanie Markovic's Photography, on Flickr

All taken with my Canon EOS 40D and my CANON 70-300mm EF F4-5,6 IS USM.

Thanks for your comments.

Lily

Upvote 0
stroll-1.jpg

Roadrunner, taken today. Titled "Taking a stroll with lunch." 7d with 100-400 lens.

Upvote 0
D

dturano

One of the first few shots with my new to me canon 100-400mm L lens. Shot on a 5d Mark III cropped down to about 44% of the original, I was concerned about 400mm on a full frame but after cropping the original and getting these results I have no further reservations. Exported from aperture to 50% hopefully didn't degrade quality to much.

Attachments

• EL1C8038 (3).jpg
    EL1C8038 (3).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,251
Upvote 0
dturano said:
That first seagull shot is really sharp, thanks for the share. Which lens and camera did you use?

Hill Benson said:
As I suspected, some outstanding pics posted in here. Great pics everyone. Here's a few of mine.

Seagull by cnlkurtz, on Flickr

thanks for your comment, that was shot with a 50D with a 70-200 F4L

Upvote 0
D

dturano

I have heard great things about the 70-200 f/4 L both IS and non IS, this shot backs up some the claims to great sharpness from the lens.

A lot of great shots from al posters, something about those seagulls jumped out at me, both great composition, the close up almost looks fake, a stuffed seagull. Really sharp throughout, especially the eyes in both shots.

Thanks again.

Hill Benson said:
dturano said:
That first seagull shot is really sharp, thanks for the share. Which lens and camera did you use?

Hill Benson said:
As I suspected, some outstanding pics posted in here. Great pics everyone. Here's a few of mine.

thanks for your comment, that was shot with a 50D with a 70-200 F4L

Upvote 0
dturano said:
I have heard great things about the 70-200 f/4 L both IS and non IS, this shot backs up some the claims to great sharpness from the lens.

A lot of great shots from al posters, something about those seagulls jumped out at me, both great composition, the close up almost looks fake, a stuffed seagull. Really sharp throughout, especially the eyes in both shots.

Thanks again.

I don't think I will ever sell or let my 70-200 F4/L (non IS) go. It was a shot taken by one of these and a 40D that made me choose Canon as my first digital SLR and lens. It's easily my favorite lens in my kit and my only L series lens so far. I'm really excited at the potential of this lens and a 5DMkiii as I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one of those!

thanks again for your kind comments, much appreciated.

Upvote 0