IslanderMV

"life is for the birds"
May 1, 2012
www.bernierland.com
Jack Douglas said:
AlanF said:
sedwards said:
Canada goose head shot

There are so many Canada geese here that it was suggested by a local bird lover that there should be a mass head shoot to reduce numbers. Too much snow in Canada for them?

There are so many Canada geese here there has been population control attempted by means of egg treatments that stop the chick from developing. There is hunting allowed here also.

They are still fun to photograph.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Click said:
AlanF said:
Greatspotted cuckoo, Portugal.

Nicely done, Alan. :)

I wonder how many click on the photo to see it's true quality. Impressive.

I have juncos by the dozens - counted over 20 at one time, and little else other than my woodpecker, but here I caught a junco telling a sparrow to get lost (definitely not kissing). Shooting stills I only had 1/1250 with 800mm, not enough - always fighting the speed vs. ISO battle.

Jack

Attachments

• Junco sparrow_11256.JPG
    Junco sparrow_11256.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • Junco sparrow_11257.JPG
    Junco sparrow_11257.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Jack Douglas said:
Click said:
AlanF said:
Greatspotted cuckoo, Portugal.

Nicely done, Alan. :)

I wonder how many click on the photo to see it's true quality. Impressive.

I have juncos by the dozens - counted over 20 at one time, and little else other than my woodpecker, but here I caught a junco telling a sparrow to get lost (definitely not kissing). Shooting stills I only had 1/1250 with 800mm, not enough - always fighting the speed vs. ISO battle.

Jack

Great photos Jack. The wingtip blur adds life to the photo, showing the movement.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Mikehit said:
A neat couple of shots there, Jack. What ISO was it? Was the photo cropped heavily?

Thanks. About 1/2 the frame and ISO 1250 with so so side lighting. Working in the house on my floor, I take a break by grabbing the camera and shooting out a window so the lighting is always compromised but not as bad as mid-winter.

Jack

Upvote 0