Show your Bird Portraits

Talys

Canon R5
Canon Rumors Premium
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Jack, I love downy woodpeckers :) We have a bunch that feed on peanuts that I faithfully refill every day, and have gotten very fat.

My contribution for today... do these count as portraits? :D

In the second one, clearly some of the geese thought that the grass was greener on the other side :D

Attachments

• Geese-02_RW.jpg
    Geese-02_RW.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 92
  • Geese-03_RW.jpg
    Geese-03_RW.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Geese-04_RW.jpg
    Geese-04_RW.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Geese-06_RW.jpg
    Geese-06_RW.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I have not postet anything in this thread before so I want to start by complementing everybody who posted here previously on their amazing shots. I've been reading every post from this thread for quite a while now and the amazing quality of the images posted here has frequently blown me away. In fact, it has inspired me to get a tele lens myself and attempt to capture some bird pictures too.

So today I went out with my new EF 55-250mm IS STM for the second time. Walking through the local forest with my eyes up in the tree I noticed this huge guy here. Looking for subjects and actually finding and capturing one was quite a lot of fun and I think it got me hooked. So, even though my equipment is certainly far below what the majority of people here use, I wanted to thank everybody for sharing their lovely and inspiring images!

Attachments

• RaubVogel-2.jpg
    RaubVogel-2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Sure is beautiful!
-r

Joules said:
I have not postet anything in this thread before so I want to start by complementing everybody who posted here previously on their amazing shots. I've been reading every post from this thread for quite a while now and the amazing quality of the images posted here has frequently blown me away. In fact, it has inspired me to get a tele lens myself and attempt to capture some bird pictures too.

So today I went out with my new EF 55-250mm IS STM for the second time. Walking through the local forest with my eyes up in the tree I noticed this huge guy here. Looking for subjects and actually finding and capturing one was quite a lot of fun and I think it got me hooked. So, even though my equipment is certainly far below what the majority of people here use, I wanted to thank everybody for sharing their lovely and inspiring images!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 30, 2017
:D! This side is alive as usually - and getting some new members! Nice photos and sense of humor - great!
It was again cloudy/rainy in the mountain - time for my plan "B". I went to the western-most part of the island where there is usually better weather (huh - usually!). Hunt for Laysan Albatross (Phoebastria immutabilis)!

That pile of downy chick (not small at all, even at this age!) will turn into magnificent bird (usually in May when they are fledgling) with wing span ~2 meters/yards. They will walk around and eventually they will get their own ring with specific number (this population is monitored closely). They will fly and one day they will fly with their life-time partner (it's how they do it)!
In May, at the same location one can see rather big colony of Wedge-tailed Shearwater, off course at that time the the Laysan chicks are already like adults (do you hear me Riley? - it's just 5-6 miles there and back to the car!). Plus Northern laughing bird and two species of Francolin (but all of these hard to see).

Attachments

• DSC_5253_DxO.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • DSC_5365_DxO.jpg
    DSC_5365_DxO.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • DSC_5348_DxO.jpg
    DSC_5348_DxO.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
  • DSC_5383_DxO.jpg
    DSC_5383_DxO.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_5422_DxO.jpg
    DSC_5422_DxO.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ISv.
Very nice series, and the explanation is nice to get too.
Just curious, is that just 5-6 miles there :eek: then just 5-6 miles back, :-[ or 5-6 miles round trip? :)

Cheers, Graham.

ISv said:
:D! This side is alive as usually - and getting some new members! Nice photos and sense of humor - great!
It was again cloudy/rainy in the mountain - time for my plan "B". I went to the western-most part of the island where there is usually better weather (huh - usually!). Hunt for Laysan Albatross (Phoebastria immutabilis)!

That pile of downy chick (not small at all, even at this age!) will turn into magnificent bird (usually in May when they are fledgling) with wing span ~2 meters/yards. They will walk around and eventually they will get their own ring with specific number (this population is monitored closely). They will fly and one day they will fly with their life-time partner (it's how they do it)!
In May, at the same location one can see rather big colony of Wedge-tailed Shearwater, off course at that time the the Laysan chicks are already like adults (do you hear me Riley? - it's just 5-6 miles there and back to the car!). Plus Northern laughing bird and two species of Francolin (but all of these hard to see).

Upvote 0