Show your Bird Portraits

Some Great Horned Owls moved into the neighborhood this February, I get to say hello to Mrs. Owl every time I go for a walk. Sometimes you see Mr. Owl hunting, I probably just need to head out with a camera more often to catch the right moment.

478YXaX.jpg

GqkvjR2.jpg

Upvote 0
I managed to get a nice picture of four different types of ducks all in the same pond.
At the back is a Northern Pintail, then a pair of Canvasbacks, then Mallards, and the bottom pair is Blue-Winged Teals.

(I'm using a copy of the "Peterson Field Guide to Birds of Western North America" in order to identify things, it should make a nice game to find examples of every bird in the book.)

4g9Mt0q.jpg

Another shot of the Canvasback:
TfdbN9f.jpg

Blue Winged Teal
aj5X37d.jpg

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Grant Atkinson said:
Jack Douglas said:
Mikehit said:
Nice pairing, Northstar

V nice. Where is this that eagles sit on chimneys?

My friend posed for me a few minutes ago.

Jack

Like the pileated woodpecker shot Jack, details look good and colours are rich

Thanks for the comment Grant. I'm one of those who tries very hard to get it right but am far from expert at this. The complaints I had seem to primarily revolve around too high expectations of AI servo in low/poor light using the outer focus points at the 400 X2's full open Fstop. Sure helps one's sanity to finally be getting decent shots ... and at pretty high ISOs.

Jack

Upvote 0