Show your Bird Portraits

Common whitethroat or greater whitethroat (Sylvia communis) "Törnsångare " in Swedish

I think this lens (EF 600mm f/4 III) is very good for bird-images. I'll try the 1,4 extender as well. The images turn out rather well I think. Like they did on my previous RF 100-500 as well, but I like the extra stop.

20210618_2027043125-1.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Common whitethroat or greater whitethroat (Sylvia communis) "Törnsångare " in Swedish

I think this lens (EF 600mm f/4 III) is very good for bird-images. I'll try the 1,4 extender as well. The images turn out rather well I think. Like they did on my previous RF 100-500 as well, but I like the extra stop.

View attachment 198412
You’ve become a real expert identifying a Whitethroat!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Great shot, Dockland - that deep blue color is lovely, and the eyes are glowing!

Thank you so much.
You guys (and perhaps gals) warmly welcomed me to this section of the forum and, well, now I'm hooked :) You keep inspiring me a lot. Had you in my mind out there in the fields this evening.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
You’ve become a real expert identifying a Whitethroat!

*cough* yes, I wish there were an... app or something for that *cough cough* :giggle:

Seriously, the Seek app is fantastic. It identified this Whitethroat in matter of seconds and now I know this bird next time I see it. Great help for a really really beginner. So much fun! It's almost like learning a new language

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I found this for you:

Ringing of birds in Sweden is administered by the Bird Ringing Centre at the Museum of Natural History, Stockholm. Information about recoveries of ringed birds is very valuable, and the Bird Ringing Centre has further instructions on how to report your findings on this web site.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I found this for you:

Ringing of birds in Sweden is administered by the Bird Ringing Centre at the Museum of Natural History, Stockholm. Information about recoveries of ringed birds is very valuable, and the Bird Ringing Centre has further instructions on how to report your findings on this web site.

How cool isn't that?!
Thanks a lot for this info

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I found this for you:

You can do something similar for whole Europe here at "EURING". (English)
In Bavaria there is a local page, too. Provided by the LBV here. (German)

• Love
Upvote 0