Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Jack has mooted combining the Bird Portraits and BIF threads. I wouldn't be against it.
Funny, just the other day the thought again came to me. The auto notification for this thread has been repeatedly failing for a long time and if I don't pay attention I will miss a few days and being busy, it's hard to catch up. A BIF thread just adds one more layer to this problem for me and so I've just not bothered looking of late. Call it laziness I guess, but I'd like to see just one bird thread.

Edit: Sure enough I had missed about three pages of this thread due to it going to spam in spite of having created a special directive to prevent it and repeatedly declaring it is not spam! :mad:

Jack

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Just one for the humour (that's for @Jack Douglas). My sunflower hearts feeder, the Canadian Squirrel Buster, is meant to be proof against squirrels and larger birds as their weight pulls the cage down to cover the feeding apertures. This Great Spotted Woodpecker (Jack loves them) is just light enough. She normally is very skittish but is letting me get closer.

View attachment 200238View attachment 200239
Alan I love all the birds... well maybe it's actually most of them since I don't include the "English"(that was always the common name here in Canada) sparrow and the... Oh well. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0