Show your Bird Portraits

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA

First time I share photos here so hope you like them.

I'm still very much a beginner. Only got into birds/wildlife during lockdown 1.0 here in the UK and so far I've been limited to the local parks in Bristol.
Can't really complain though since we do have a good number of different species from Kingfishers to buzzards, kestrels, peregrines and sparrowhaks (plus all your usual tits and songbirds)
Nice Shots!

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Nice scenes. By coincidence, I was out this morning with plenty of reach: 1000mm on the R5 for the first Cormorant and 500mm for the Cormorant gawping. The 2x TC on the 100-500mm does give sharper detail.View attachment 200353View attachment 200354
Beautiful shots. That is really nice if you can photograph the cormorant almost filling the frame. Maybe I can do it next spring. Then I hope to visit an island where you can get closer to the cormorants

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I (less) proudly present my first picture ever of an Eurasian kingfisher (alcedo atthis)
I promise I'll to try to do better in the future. ;)
And I did.
Still far from a full frame portrait, but I'm getting closer. Still > 30 m away and heavy cropping was needed.
These are close to 1:1 crops:

kingfisher_06.JPG

kingfisher_02.JPG

This is the 1:1 crop of the pic above:

kingfisher_02_k.JPG

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Kind of wasted day - went out to get more photos (from better angle - if it can help with the ID of the Plover posted the last time). Instead there was a group of people there + two dogs. I just hope the Plover is not on it's way further South (Australia?!) and will return lately (they use to be territorial).
Instead got photos of two Cattle Egrets: first one clean and boring and the second one muddy but funny;)! After that Scaly-breasted Munia: They knew I'm there for a while but got scared by a girl with a tiny dog behind of me (I believe she stopped there just to check what the hell I'm taking photos of:mad:- that was the end of the session - I already needed some cold beer:LOL:)!

DSC_2295_DxO.jpgDSC_2324_DxO.jpgDSC_2437_DxO.jpgDSC_2475_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0