Show your Bird Portraits

I really like the Bee eater. It's a particularly nice shot of one of my favourite birds, which I only see abroad. I never got that close in Tanzania, but will go through my records to check if I have something in the same class.
Thank you, Alan!
This was at Lake Manyara. Really many birds there!

Upvote 0
I really like the Bee-eater. Great shot!
a025.gif
Thank you, Click!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
A egyptian goose (Alopochen aegyptiacus Linnaeus) with its chicks.
I have learned that this is a very aggressive bird towards other animals in its territory.

View attachment 200536
:oops:- what about humans (well, we are also animals...)? What distance was the bird from you (I mean it's not only the territory in this case - there are also 3 precious chicks there)! Interesting bird anyway, I didn't actually knew it exists! And this is another feature that I like in CR: you see more than you can visit/capture!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Back in 2017 I visited Tanzania and took also some photos of birds.
I'm not sure if I can ID the birds correctly, if at all. And the qualty is not as excellent as usually seen on this forum.
If it is nonetheless welcome, I will post some more.
I'll start with a gray heron (Ardea cinerea). I hope I'm correct.
7DM2, Tamron 70-300 F/4-5.6
View attachment 200515

View attachment 200516
I put "(y)" for the input, not for the ID - sorry... Check for the Black-headed Heron (Ardea melanocephala)!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
:oops:- what about humans (well, we are also animals...)? What distance was the bird from you (I mean it's not only the territory in this case - there are also 3 precious chicks there)! Interesting bird anyway, I didn't actually knew it exists! And this is another feature that I like in CR: you see more than you can visit/capture!
I'm sorry, I should have written "I read" instead of "I've learned". It was not a personal experience.
English is not my first language, I'm sorry for the mistake.

Upvote 0

DanP

CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
This was the first time I've seen ducks propelling themselves across the water surface. They moved quite fast. There were a number of them and they appeared to be trying to catch up with mom. I assume they couldn't fly yet, but I'm not sure. As usual, I wasn't ready for the action. These were the only two shots that weren't unusable, notwithstanding the distracting log in the background. 054A2714_DxO Adj 8X12 Reduced for CR.jpg054A2721_DxO 8X12 Reduced for CR.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0