Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
These two small birds can also be found in Europe, but I've never seen one around here.
I captured them in Tanzania back in 2017 while on safari with 7DII + Tamron 70-300.

Yellow wagtail
View attachment 200614

Bee-eater
View attachment 200615
I really like the Bee eater. It's a particularly nice shot of one of my favourite birds, which I only see abroad. I never got that close in Tanzania, but will go through my records to check if I have something in the same class.

Reactions: OskarB

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
A good day today. As the Brits will appreciate: I got texted before breakfast by the NHS for a booster jab; the local garage had petrol; and in a sunny break in the weather, a male Kestrel streaked by and I caught it in full flight (R5 + 100-500mm upsized 2x).

309A6219-DxO_Kestrel_flying_g-2_00x.jpg

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
Most of our Yellow Crowned Night Heron population is about to head further south but some are still lurking around for the Fall crabs. These were taken about 30 minutes apart, one just before sunset and the other after most of the sky color had left.

Just after landing and doing a strut back to the water.
SDR146026A-4K.jpg

R5 600 II w/1.4x 1/1000 : f/7.1 : ISO 1000

Waiting for a crab to make its last move with the last color from the Belt of Venus in the water.
SDR146028A-4K.jpg

R5 600 II 1/20 : f/6.3 : ISO 1000
Nice shots ERHP!

Reactions: ERHP

OskarB

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 17, 2021
500px.com
I really like the Bee eater. It's a particularly nice shot of one of my favourite birds, which I only see abroad. I never got that close in Tanzania, but will go through my records to check if I have something in the same class.
Thank you, Alan!
This was at Lake Manyara. Really many birds there!

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
A egyptian goose (Alopochen aegyptiacus Linnaeus) with its chicks.
I have learned that this is a very aggressive bird towards other animals in its territory.

View attachment 200536
:oops:- what about humans (well, we are also animals...)? What distance was the bird from you (I mean it's not only the territory in this case - there are also 3 precious chicks there)! Interesting bird anyway, I didn't actually knew it exists! And this is another feature that I like in CR: you see more than you can visit/capture!

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Back in 2017 I visited Tanzania and took also some photos of birds.
I'm not sure if I can ID the birds correctly, if at all. And the qualty is not as excellent as usually seen on this forum.
If it is nonetheless welcome, I will post some more.
I'll start with a gray heron (Ardea cinerea). I hope I'm correct.
7DM2, Tamron 70-300 F/4-5.6
View attachment 200515

View attachment 200516
I put "(y)" for the input, not for the ID - sorry... Check for the Black-headed Heron (Ardea melanocephala)!

OskarB

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 17, 2021
500px.com
:oops:- what about humans (well, we are also animals...)? What distance was the bird from you (I mean it's not only the territory in this case - there are also 3 precious chicks there)! Interesting bird anyway, I didn't actually knew it exists! And this is another feature that I like in CR: you see more than you can visit/capture!
I'm sorry, I should have written "I read" instead of "I've learned". It was not a personal experience.
English is not my first language, I'm sorry for the mistake.

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
It's very nice photo JPAZ but where did you find "Marbled Wimbrel" for ID?! It's just a Wimbrel, not a hybrid Wimbrel/Godwit;)! I still have to find one to take a photo!
I am far from an expert but the App “Seek” id’d the bird as such