Show your Bird Portraits

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Hey everyone, it's been a while for me posting anything! I spent 5 weeks in Florida, between February and March. As always, Florida bird photography is incredible! I will keep it to a few small galleries too not take up too much on here, however I made a long post on my website if you're interested in seeing the majority of 300+ photos I edited from the trip. All photos taken with 7D mk ll and either EF 600 F4 ll or EF 100-400 ll, with and without 1.4x lll. I'm back in Wisconsin now and focusing on the spring migration.

Jeremy

Well done Jeremy, looks like it was a great trip. Thank you for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

becceric

Making clumsy photographic mistakes since 1980
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2016
My first crested tit.
Couldn't avoid the twig. Don't like to remove something like that in PP - could have been difficult, though.

View attachment 202792
My first crested tit.
Couldn't avoid the twig. Don't like to remove something like that in PP - could have been difficult, though.

Maximilian, for an exercise in twig removal, I gave it a try on the image. I briefly posted the results, then realized I had not requested your permission, and removed the image. It was a poor choice on my part, and I hope you will accept my apology.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Maximilian, for an exercise in twig removal, I gave it a try on the image. I briefly posted the results, then realized I had not requested your permission, and removed the image. It was a poor choice on my part, and I hope you will accept my apology.
Thank you very much for your apology. Nothing much to hesitate.
I enjoy input and advice from each of you.
And I would be interested to see your result, so please repost it, if you like.
The next time please ask first.
But for me everything is okay now.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Something I have never seen before, a Green Woodpecker displaying, and in my back garden. They characteristically have an upright pose and rotate their heads, making loud noises. Not such a drab bird. (1000mm/R5).
Their warning call is pretty irritating.
Wait until they peck deep holes in your lawn ;)
I still like them, though.

Upvote 0

becceric

Making clumsy photographic mistakes since 1980
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2016
Thank you very much for your apology. Nothing much to hesitate.
I enjoy input and advice from each of you.
And I would be interested to see your result, so please repost it, if you like.
The next time please ask first.
But for me everything is okay now.
Thank, you Maximillian. I definitely will request permission in the future.
I don't think the results are too bad, but I couldn't figure out what to do with the "garbled" area to the left of the bird. If a solution strikes me, I may attempt to clean that up.
tit_crested_02.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0