Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017

Eurasian Tree Sparrow, Passer montanus by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

I flew a total distance of 565.38 km (351.31 mi) to take a photo of a bird I see 5 meters away daily. :cautious:

Thank you

ERHP
shire_guy
ISv
tron
Click
OskarB
Sorry! On other hand you are hardly the first (neither the last) one! We (the birders I mean) don't pay only for the gear... On other hand the bird on your photo is not the regular (and the same in so many continents!) House Sparrow - you got the Tree Sparrow! These are getting rare and rare in Europe: I remember times when they were much more common (yeah...and I was much younger):D

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Sorry! On other hand you are hardly the first (neither the last) one! We (the birders I mean) don't pay only for the gear... On other hand the bird on your photo is not the regular (and the same in so many continents!) House Sparrow - you got the Tree Sparrow! These are getting rare and rare in Europe: I remember times when they were much more common (yeah...and I was much younger):D
It was taken 12 years ago when the bird was much more common.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Lovely shot, jprusa.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
That is one plus to this Bird Portraits , you never know what bird you might see and everybody always tries to post their favorites. Thanks Alan!
I agree that you never know what bird you might see but I'm posting what I got in that particular day (best shots off course but they are usually pretty much the same - very hard to make a difference (every thing is the wind and the resulting light on the bird when it is under the canopy).
Edit: for small seed-eaters in the grass it could be very frustrating to get the shot of the bird in front of the grass (I'm sure you know what I mean) - despite the AF tracking working fine :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0